• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Dave Hardy, long time lawyer, 2A advocate, and blogger at Of Arms and the Law, has a FOIA suit in Washington D.C., apparently against the BATFE. He has gotten some files, including work papers of the agency's inspector general when they were auditing the NFRTR.

Here's some comments he pulled and put on his blog post about it:

OIG asked how often there was a discrepancy between the inventory and what the NFRTR said the inventory should be: 46% of inspectors said either "always" or "most of the time." (Only 5% reported "never"). How often was the discrepancy found in the NFRTR? 44% said always or most of the time, only 6% said "never." The comments by inspectors were pretty eye-opening:

"When I conduct an NFA inventory reconciliation, I start knowing that the NRA register will be incomplete or inaccurate."

"The discrepancies in the NFRTR makes it impossible to verify the onsite inventory."

"I encounter discrepancies on a daily basis."

"In one instance, I received an NFRTR inventory report with more than 60 errors on behalf of the NFA branch."

"A majority of the FFLs I have inspected, NFA is a small portion of their business. However, I spend the most time on the NFA portion due to the NFRTR being inaccurate most of the time."

"It creates embarrassment to the agency and the IOI because we are always wrong."

Good thing this database isn't used for anything important, like evidence in a trial.. wait... what?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This has been on going since the beginning.

One of two things, either gross incompetence or someone purposefully trying to keep the registry inaccurate.

Either way, it's well past time to repeal the NFA in it's entirety.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom