300BLK AR Pistol on an 80% lower? then to a SBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Built my first AR in 5.56 with an 80% lower and even impressed myself with how well it turned out and how well it shoots. Now have some questions on my next proposed build.......

I have another 80% lower to work with and am considering making a 300BLK pistol out of it. I'll go the extra step and get the lower engraved with my trust info and a serial number - I know this is not required for a rifle, but is this required for a pistol configuration? I'm considering a 10.5" barrel and a buffer-tube stabilizer.

I think this initial stage is fine with no paperwork or ATF involvement needed. Any issues I should consider?

Now......suppose next year I want to add a buttstock and VFG, converting this pistol to an SBR. I submit the Form 1 to the ATF, and when I get the stamp, I'm good? And while I'm waiting for the stamp, I'm still good using the pistol configuration with the buffer-tube stabilizer and no VFG?

I think this stage is good also, or am I required to build the initial configuration into a rifle before converting it to a SBR?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    You have the engraving times reversed. Pistol = no engraving, but after you have your stamp in hand is when you get things engraved.

Otherwise, it sounds like you have things in hand...

Top Bottom