• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I received a phone call that my first suppressor is ready for pickup. It is a Rugged Obsidian 45. Still waiting on a DA Ghost, 2 Omegas, and a Hybrid.

Anyhow, I am excited to try it out on my CZ Scorpion, but I am reading that the threads on the Scorpion are 18x1 RH or something odd. I found the adapter at CZ custom to 1/2x28, but my question is... Is that the best current option for mounting a suppressor on the Scorpion? I know the "best" would be to SBR it and then have the barrel cut and re-threaded, which I may do, but I want to be able to use it now, rather than wait on a form 1.

Now that I got this thing, I am realizing there is a huge expense in accessories. 9mm end cap, 1/2x28 direct mount for carbines, 1/2x28 piston for 9mm pistols, 16x1LH piston for my HK, etc.

Thanks

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Are you sure you have a gen 1 Scorpion? The newer ones have 1/2x28 (remove the birdcage. THAT mounts by the goofy 18x1, but under that on gen 2 Scorpions is a thread cap on the barrel & THAT is 1/2x28). Just want you to be sure before you buy adaptors...

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Are you sure you have a gen 1 Scorpion? The newer ones have 1/2x28 (remove the birdcage. THAT mounts by the goofy 18x1, but under that on gen 2 Scorpions is a thread cap on the barrel & THAT is 1/2x28). Just want you to be sure before you buy adaptors...

OH! Sweet, thanks for the advice. I only bought my Scorpion maybe early last fall or late last Summer, so I would hope that it is a newer one. It didn't have a welded trigger pack screw or whatever it was called.

Top Bottom