• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well I have a really good problem to have right now! I got 3 more pistol can tax stamps back last week and now I need some more hosts. I have only Glock hosts as of now and want to get a few new dedicated hosts. I'm looking at maybe a 226, and perhaps a CZ I just don't know which one yet... Anyhow, I've mainly shot suppressed Glocks, M&Ps, XD's, 1911's and a few others but never a CZ or sig suppressed.

Just looking for you guys to let me know what you like, and what I should consider, as I'm open to about anything. Thanks!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How about a CZ SP01 tactical.

50C19C46-C0A5-470D-8290-D79A38CD371E_zpsi6ao3wca.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you have a .45 can, I can recommend an FNX 45 Tactical or a 1911 with a threaded barrel (mine is an ATI Thunderbolt with a Stormlake threaded barrel). Both make excellent suppressor hosts.

Though, honestly, I have to say that my favorite suppressor host has become my Beretta Mod 71 "Mossad" variant (though there is no proof the Mossad actually ordered these). Anyway, I picked one up fairly cheap, had the fake suppressor removed and a 1/2x28 adapter put on the original threading by ZR Tactical.

That gun is one the slickest operating .22s I have ever shot and it just feels about perfect in your hand with a small .22 can on it. It's very quiet too.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For centerfire pistol hosts, my 9mm consist of a 229 and a HK USP and for 45 I use a 1911 and a FNX Tactical

To me hammer fired hosts are quieter than striker fired hosts. I've sold my M&P and my Sig 320 cause of that. I might just be picky though

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sounds like the old man in me. Thompson center contender and MGM threaded barrels. Pistol rifle or SBR (with paperwork. ) no extra parts so no extra noises. Works great with wet cans. Not quite as fast as a bolt gun but with some practice can be almost as fast. All t/c stuff works best with rimmed rounds. But rims are not needed.

One frame one barrel one shot. Sounds like a winner.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My $.02 for a suppressor host pistol:

CZ P-07 Urban Gray - comes with threaded barrel and suppressor height sights already installed! I picked one up for $509 shipped back in April.

FNX-45 Tactical - If you have a .45 can, I cannot think of a better gun to buy. RMR ready, threaded barrel and suppressor sights. Only thing is the price tag. I picked up a slightly used one last year for about $875 and that was a steal.

Remington R1 Enhanced TB - Again, if you have .45 can, this is a great gun for a good price. Plus, I believe they have a rebate going now.

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 - Not a pistol, but a great 9mm suppressor host.

Sig MPX - Get the pistol version. I have one SBR'd. My favorite suppressed gun.

Walther PPQ Navy - $100 rebate offered right now on one of the best triggers in the compact pistol game.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks for all of the replies guys. I am going to look at several things suggested here! I appreciate the replies!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    What caliber cans? If 9mm, which thread? I know you said dedicated host but it would be nice if you can consolidate thread pitch patterns in order to keep from spending an extra $200+ in boosters.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    What caliber cans? If 9mm, which thread? I know you said dedicated host but it would be nice if you can consolidate thread pitch patterns in order to keep from spending an extra $200+ in boosters.

Pistons can really add up. I have an AAC Ti-Rant .45, and I think I have more money in mounts than I do in the can. It will currently mount on 4 SBRs, and three pistols.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Pistons can really add up. I have an AAC Ti-Rant .45, and I think I have more money in mounts than I do in the can. It will currently mount on 4 SBRs, and three pistols.

That's the same pistol suppressor I have pending. Came with the standard. 578x28 piston and then I bought the Hk45 thread pitch version and the 1/2x28 for 9mm. When I buy 9mm threaded barrels I'll buy the 1/2x28 so I have commonality with all 9mm including my AR9. Pee on the metric 9mm thread pitch

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's the same pistol suppressor I have pending. Came with the standard. 578x28 piston and then I bought the Hk45 thread pitch version and the 1/2x28 for 9mm. When I buy 9mm threaded barrels I'll buy the 1/2x28 so I have commonality with all 9mm including my AR9. Pee on the metric 9mm thread pitch

Metric isn't a big deal, the pain in the ass is the left handed threads. All the threads on the can are right handed, so when you try to tighten the can to the gun, the can wants to come apart. It's annoying more than anything. Your HK piston, 16x1MLH?

The pistons add up, but I went HK 3 lug for a couple of the SBRs.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Why "pee on the metric 9mm thread pitch"?

On certain firearms, they need metric thread pitches, I wouldn't mind having a CZ suppressor host but they use 1/2x28 and for the way the bullet turns in the barrel, they need metric threads. In fact that's my biggest complaint on the FNP/FNX tactical, they should be metric as well since the bullet spins clockwise, or change the rotation to counterclockwise.

It's super picky, but I tend to get suppressor hosts where the bullet spins in the direction the suppressor wants to tighten down or at least keep tight. With the Hybrid on my 1911, the thing locks down light and stays that way, on the FNX, I have to check it every other magazine and it gets loose easy, using the spanner wrenches help but it still works loose.

Metric (mainly left hand) threads can come in handy

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got back an Omega 9k, a Hybrid, and an Obsidian. I'm also still waiting on a Ghost. I'm pretty sure the 9k is going to live on the MPX. There barrel on it is getting cut in half so it'll mount up under the rain and not stick out much at all... However, the other two are still up in the air. I've got 13.5x1 and 1/2x28 pistons for 9mm as well as .578x28 for 45 at this time. The local Gander not too long ago had two used R1 Enhanced for $600 and $650. I'm kicking myself for not buying one at this point, yours looks pretty good KJ.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I got back an Omega 9k, a Hybrid, and an Obsidian. I'm also still waiting on a Ghost. I'm pretty sure the 9k is going to live on the MPX. There barrel on it is getting cut in half so it'll mount up under the rain and not stick out much at all... However, the other two are still up in the air. I've got 13.5x1 and 1/2x28 pistons for 9mm as well as .578x28 for 45 at this time. The local Gander not too long ago had two used R1 Enhanced for $600 and $650. I'm kicking myself for not buying one at this point, yours looks pretty good KJ.

AllenM cut mine down to 4", and threaded it 1/2x28. I went with the 3 lug mount to make it easier.

381C1C1F-CFA3-4CAB-8085-B0BECD5E63ED_zpshs3ur5ea.jpg

x72821

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Bloomington
    I have a suppressed XD with a milled red dot, a 1911, a M&P, and a sig 226 threaded (factory barrel, but not the special navy one). of all of them, the sig is probably the nicest, but it is one of the heavier pistols, especially when you put a can on it.

Top Bottom