• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey guys, I know we had some threads going on this awhile back but they never went anywhere past just "hey look at this new thing!"

Has anyone out there held one, dry fired one, or better yet actually shot one?
    I am wanting to get my hands on one if anyone knows of a shop here in Indiana that possibly has one. I am contemplating the purchase, but really would like to "know" ill like it rather than think I'll like it before plopping down the cash. I mean I'll most likely end up with it, but I would like to get my hands on one if possible.

Anyone have anything to say on it??

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Holler at the guys at Acme in Seymour. I know they posted photos on FB when their SiCo rep was in, and they have them on order. Not sure of the ETA, and I think one of the employees has first dibs on the first one in, but they tend to get always get a good supply of NFA stuff and their prices are some of the best in the state when it comes to cans, etc.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Holler at the guys at Acme in Seymour. I know they posted photos on FB when their SiCo rep was in, and they have them on order. Not sure of the ETA, and I think one of the employees has first dibs on the first one in, but they tend to get always get a good supply of NFA stuff and their prices are some of the best in the state when it comes to cans, etc.

Thanks! I appreciate the lead!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    In stock at the Northside Carmel IN Point Blank. I don't know what they are going for or how many they have. I'd consider buying one from them if they would let me come shoot it on their range when it's in jail. :)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    In stock at the Northside Carmel IN Point Blank. I don't know what they are going for or how many they have. I'd consider buying one from them if they would let me come shoot it on their range when it's in jail. :)

Sweet! That is way closer to me! I appreciate it! I'll maybe try and make a trip up there this weekend if I'm free, and or some time soon. I better call ahead and make sure they are good with someone handling it before I drive I suppose though. Thanks again for the heads up!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was going to walk across the parking lot after lunch and take a look at it myself but took too long at the Amber Indian. :)

I fondled one @ NRAAM and it's a little chunky but well built.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    $1,449 - according to the book of face.

Agree with shooting it on the PB range while it's in jail. If that's an option, I might be inclined to go for it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was going to walk across the parking lot after lunch and take a look at it myself but took too long at the Amber Indian. :)

I fondled one @ NRAAM and it's a little chunky but well built.

How is the trigger? That what I'm also concerned about... I hear it balances well and is fat but feels good in the hand still. I'm really just hard pressed to drop money on it sight unseen unlike a can I'm shooting it not throwing it on the end of a gun I have. If and when you make it over there let me know what you think I am anxious to hear. I know you'll have a opinion due to all of the shooting you do. I also don't know if you've seen the video of Travis Haley shooting a 22422 with it or not but gosh he make is look good.

$1,449 - according to the book of face.

Agree with shooting it on the PB range while it's in jail. If that's an option, I might be inclined to go for it.

I think my LGS price is $1,350ish out the door if I pay cash/check to avoid CC fees (so like 1260ish before tax?). That's part of the reason I've been even more interested, it's the best price I've found honestly. I feel like more than anything I'm just trying to keep myself from buying it by wanting to check one out first. I can't see myself hating it, but I'd hate to get it and not love it too.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    PB Carmel has 3. The trigger could be better. PB said I could not shoot it while it was in jail. That's a deal breaker for me.

Yes, I saw that 22422 video!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Fort Liberty has one in stock. It was lighter than what I imagined and the trigger was okay but nothing special.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    PB Carmel has 3. The trigger could be better. PB said I could not shoot it while it was in jail. That's a deal breaker for me.

Yes, I saw that 22422 video!

Hmm with a range on site I wonder what the deal is with that... Maybe too much liability if the wrong person were to some how walk off? But the wait times should be dropping. I saw a figure the other day on how many forms have been submitted post 41f and it makes it sound as if they examiners should start tearing through them and wait times should be back down before too long.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Hmm with a range on site I wonder what the deal is with that... Maybe too much liability if the wrong person were to some how walk off? But the wait times should be dropping. I saw a figure the other day on how many forms have been submitted post 41f and it makes it sound as if they examiners should start tearing through them and wait times should be back down before too long.
    Point Blank isn't as pro 2A or pro NFA as they want you to believe. I can see them not letting you shoot it after you buy it and file all the paperwork since you don't have an "approved tax stamp" to show them, even though they have zero legal right to demand to see the stamp.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Point Blank isn't as pro 2A or pro NFA as they want you to believe. I can see them not letting you shoot it after you buy it and file all the paperwork since you don't have an "approved tax stamp" to show them, even though they have zero legal right to demand to see the stamp.

Yeah, I've heard some doozies about them but it just seems silly to me... There are so many others that do it, so I guess people will just buy elsewhere. :rolleyes:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Yeah, I've heard some doozies about them but it just seems silly to me... There are so many others that do it, so I guess people will just buy elsewhere. :rolleyes:
    I know of a lot of people who visited their NFA products while they were in jail. One shop, who didn't have a range, even took a guys suppressor to a local range so he could fine tune the mounting system on multiple hand guns. It's simple things like that that makes me go back to those type of shops.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know of a lot of people who visited their NFA products while they were in jail. One shop, who didn't have a range, even took a guys suppressor to a local range so he could fine tune the mounting system on multiple hand guns. It's simple things like that that makes me go back to those type of shops.

That sounds pretty nice of them! Especially in that realm good service is important I think. It's no doubt good for a shops business that's for sure!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wanted to post back, but I went over to point blank with a buddy today. After checking it out I was much more impressed with it than I anticipated. And he was less happy with it than he anticipated. I think this is because I went in with lower expectations due to talk of the trigger being awful etc. Due to all of the negative talk I was expecting it to be worse than it was. I was very content and can say it was on par for what I truly expected. I'm not going to run out and buy one but I am most certainly going to entertain it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If only you could remove the outer suppressor "tube" portion and take home the gun. That would make the purchase more palatable.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If only you could remove the outer suppressor "tube" portion and take home the gun. That would make the purchase more palatable.

Ahh the wait doesn't bother me too much. It's no different than a regular silencer. Plus wait times should be on a steady decline. The current wait time should be no indication of what people making purchases now should be waiting.
    I know you can't take it home but they both have a serial number; one on the can and one on the pistol was what I understood. Technically that should be possible but it's really hard to say with it being integral. But it wouldn't be a whole lot different than when you buy something like a Gemtech Mist for example. I don't know why you'd really want to shoot it though without the can.

Top Bottom