What a long wait. Almost 16 months from when i paid for the can!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Sucks the wait is so long, but should shorten up now that the 41f (?) is in effect and all those applications getting submitted beforehand. Either way, you've got a great 30 cal can and one of the best on the market IMHO!

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I sure hope times go down for everyone else. From what ive read no one is buying any cans in hopes of the HPA passing. In my opinion now would be the BEST time to buy...

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I sure hope times go down for everyone else. From what ive read no one is buying any cans in hopes of the HPA passing. In my opinion now would be the BEST time to buy...

With the backlog I'm reading about, I'm not sure there's going to be a good time to buy for a few years, yet, assuming HPA or SHUSH goes through (between the current wait times and the potential flood of orders, to be clear). As much as I'd like one (or 3), I just can't, personally, justify tying up money for that long and having nothing to show for it. Not being critical of anyone who has done it or is doing it, but that's a still a huge hurdle for me. :dunno:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Mine was one of the last of the pre 41F form 4 submissions. and by one of thr last i mean i sibmitted 2 days ahead of the change. Hopefully the backlog disappears shortly. Id like a 45 can....

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Just got paperwork yesterday for an in state transfer of an Obsidian. Just shy of 14 months... Haven't picked it up yet. We've had a baby (close to 11 Mo old now) and moved since I ordered it!
    It'll be worth the wait as I'm sure yours was!

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Glad you finally got your suppressor. It feels good doesn't it? I won't be doing any more class 3 stuff until the wait times go down. 12-16 months is absurd.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Just got paperwork yesterday for an in state transfer of an Obsidian. Just shy of 14 months... Haven't picked it up yet. We've had a baby (close to 11 Mo old now) and moved since I ordered it!
    It'll be worth the wait as I'm sure yours was!

Getting out this weekend to shoot mine. Have shot it before when it was in jail, but this will be the first time since i took possession.

Top Bottom