• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When I went to Walgreens to get new passport photos for my form 4 that I sent in a year ago, I was wearing a white shirt. They said that white shirts are a no-no for passport photos now. They let me pull a T-shirt that they had for sale over my white shirt for the photo shoot, so it wasn't aggravating. Just a heads up.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    can you wear a collinder like those folks that do for thier DL at the BMV. I wonder if you claimed religious reasons you couldnt get away with just about anything these days

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If they are similar to CVS, the screen that they pull down to take the photo in front of is white. White shirt and white screen meld to give appearance of a floating neck and head in sea of white.
    Floating heads. Interesting, but probably too esoteric for government bureaucrats.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If they are similar to CVS, the screen that they pull down to take the photo in front of is white. White shirt and white screen meld to give appearance of a floating neck and head in sea of white.

Did you click on the link and watch the video from the State Dept? Did you notice the color of their background and what they were wearing?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I went to Walgreens to get new passport photos for my form 4 that I sent in a year ago, I was wearing a white shirt. They said that white shirts are a no-no for passport photos now. They let me pull a T-shirt that they had for sale over my white shirt for the photo shoot, so it wasn't aggravating. Just a heads up.
    Did you tell them that these photos were not going to be used for a passport?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yep. My son's passport photo has this floating head syndrome. Funny how the .gov entity that took the photo (post office) didnt have a problem with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow, my head is going to explode. You mean Walgreens is more bureaucratic than the post office?

No, they probably have a free re-shoot policy and had idiot worker(s) that didnt follow protocol and cost them money by having to re-shoot the pictures, making customers angry by causing delays for the re-shoot, etc.

So now they have a hard and fast rule.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    No, they probably have a free re-shoot policy and had idiot worker(s) that didnt follow protocol and cost them money by having to re-shoot the pictures, making customers angry by causing delays for the re-shoot, etc.

So now they have a hard and fast rule.
    Their store...their rules. As it turned out it wasn't a big deal. I just thought it might save some other guy or gal some hassle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Their store...their rules. As it turned out it wasn't a big deal. I just thought it might save some other guy or gal some hassle.
    Like having their camera broken or stolen, or just deciding not to do them anymore?

Those are the 3 excuses I got when I worked my way across the south side on my way home one day. First stop, camera was broken. Second stop, somebody had stolen the camera. 3rd stop, "we dont do them anymore." (as she stands under the huge sign on the wall that says they do them)

SMH

Top Bottom