• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Has anyone had any dealings with filling out a form 4 for a trust after 41f? Section 13 (transferee necessity statement), as a trust, does this need to be filled out for a surpressor? i've seen samples where it was filled out with the trust's name. but then i've seen where it was filled out as trustee. and then i've seen it skipped directly as a supressor is not a sbr, sbs, Mg, or destructive device.

https://youtu.be/SBiRH95E730

Also section 6a. employer id number. I've seen where it says to put your social security number in there, but my FFL said to leave it blank.

This is my first foray into the world of NFA, and i hope to get it correct on the first try. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

edit:
    well i got it all mailed out. left 6a blank. and went ahead and filled out section 13 as a trust. worst case? get kicked backed.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you're filing as an individual, put your individual name in there. If by trust, put the trust name for #13.

6a is for dealers only, if you're not a dealer or distributor or manuf., leave it blanks

Did you remember to do your responsible person questionnaire?

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    If you're filing as an individual, put your individual name in there. If by trust, put the trust name for #13.

6a is for dealers only, if you're not a dealer or distributor or manuf., leave it blanks

Did you remember to do your responsible person questionnaire?

Yep got it all thanks. Silencerco's SupressEd laid it all out in an easy to follow format. It was just a bit confusing doing all the research and everyone did it a different way. I went and had my fingerprints done, but then filled out the card wrong so i had to do it again. Rolled my own and curious to see it it will suffice. also did my own passport style photo.

i wrote to the atf about the fingerprint card and if printing my own card would work. the definitions say it has to be the blue card. but the fbi has the publication to download and will accept printed versions on standard paper. When livescan prints them out, are they blue or black? does anyone know? i've also seen posts on other forums about cards with black lines being fine. i have yet to hear back from atf about the matter. i went ahead and ordered more cards... just because i want to be able to participate in those 2 stamp tuesday post :) i wasn't brave enough to try sending in a printed version of the FD-258.

Top Bottom