• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    i saw that yesterday when it was announced! I had caught some murmurs from some other writers as well as Dead Air people that something big was coming up with it but I had not idea I'd be this excited! It's pretty awesome that the companies came together to make it happen; and I'm sure everyone will soon sell more because of it. Something like it should have been done a long time ago, but it's great that the ATF was willing to adopt it too! The idea of one month for 4's has me beyond excited!

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Its nice to see the government being receptive to suggestions and improvements from private entities. One would think they would have implemented this years ago, but the again, they don't care how long the wait times are.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have a Gemtech Trilogy Package that Copper Custom is doing the transfer on for me. We went through SS for the paperwork on 8/1 and it has the barcode on it. I was thinking with the brunt of 41F behind us that I should have them in my hand by March 2018. With this news anything sooner would be icing on teh cake though im not holding my breath

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not that this is the case in this thread but there seems to be a lot of misconception on this out there. It's not that if people submit a form tomorrow it'll be back a month from that time. It's more so once they catch up to the barcode stuff which they are saying won't take long. They are saying since 41f there have been about 75k submissions and they do about 30k a month. And once those are done wait times should stay around 1 month. It'll be interesting though, hopefully they can just pull the data entry people over for the legal. Otherwise it may just be a new bottle neck? But what do I know... I am still just as excited as I was, anything that makes things speed up is fine by me! I'm still pumped but just waiting to see how it plays out still. The thought of a 1 month form 4 makes me smile pretty big, but in all honesty even 2 months would make me just as happy. Anything is better than the 6 plus months we have had for awhile on form 4s.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    It is promising to be able to see the light at the end of a shorter tunnel, however I feel that the suppressor manufactured fail to realize that helping the ATF become more proficient at processing form 4's, removes a better argument to trying to repealing the NFA than claiming the HPA was honestly about protecting a persons hearing.

Top Bottom