• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Big, heavy, direct-thread only. If none of those things bother you, seems like a killer deal! The 5.56 version has been out for awhile; Black Aces' website says the 30cal version should start shipping in October.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally would rather spend my money on a nicer can with having to pay the tax and wait. It'd be different if you could buy it tomorrow and sell it the next day or something and not have an additional $200 involved.

With that being said, my LGS was telling me about them today. I guess they are completely stainless and user serviceable. They said they were getting a dealer demo in I think in October when the company starts doing form 3's and shipping. I'm interested to hear it etc. because I love all things silencers. But... I won't be buying one.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As a newbie to the suppressor world, what is the downside with direct thread?

Slow on, slow off, can potentially loosen under fire (needs to be checked/tightened periodically or risk wandering POI or a baffle strike). Also requires muzzle device to be removed prior to and reinstalled after suppressor use.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Slow on, slow off, can potentially loosen under fire (needs to be checked/tightened periodically or risk wandering POI or a baffle strike). Also requires muzzle device to be removed prior to and reinstalled after suppressor use.
    All of the above is true, but I will say that I've never had any of my direct-thread cans loosen, ever! It's still a valid concern though.

That being said, what is the weight of this can compared to a similar size QD can (including muzzle device)? At $199 I would be tempted to just get multiples and not worry about taking them off.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    ****************************************************************************************************

Moving on in Black Aces Tactical news, anyone seen these letters floating around? Looks like NFA dodging SBS crowd may have our good friends at the gub'ment coming to help them pay the appropriate taxes, fees, penalties, etc.
    68587621_2265101550225013_3377523777192591360_n.jpg 68691071_2265101556891679_7321575722370203648_n.jpg

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I agree. I forgot to put my post in the sarcasm color. I think if it is legal and NFA at time of purchase, any future new and improved interpretations should not apply. I also think we should repeal the NFA and abolish the ATF.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The way I read it, this only applies to those with folding stocks and just covers the recently changed view on how pistols with folding stocks are measured.
    Braces, not stocks. If it had a stock it’d automatically be NFA.

the finding is that if the brace folds, the OAL isn’t measured with the brace included, so it’s under 26” and no longer a “firearm”

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    IMO, At first glance it appears they could be skating close to the line with their setup... 'tube extenders' to extend the brace, then it appears to have a VFG which, IIRC is a no go. Just another opinion.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom