Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Black Aces Tactical

They just released a 30 cal, full auto can for $199.

Does that seem too good to be true? I really want a 30 cal can!
    my hairs turning white, my necks always been red, my collars still blue

User Info Menu

Big, heavy, direct-thread only. If none of those things bother you, seems like a killer deal! The 5.56 version has been out for awhile; Black Aces' website says the 30cal version should start shipping in October.
    "The good old days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems" Billy Joel

User Info Menu

I personally would rather spend my money on a nicer can with having to pay the tax and wait. It'd be different if you could buy it tomorrow and sell it the next day or something and not have an additional $200 involved.

With that being said, my LGS was telling me about them today. I guess they are completely stainless and user serviceable. They said they were getting a dealer demo in I think in October when the company starts doing form 3's and shipping. I'm interested to hear it etc. because I love all things silencers. But... I won't be buying one.

User Info Menu

As a newbie to the suppressor world, what is the downside with direct thread?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I went the cheap route when I bought my first can. Don't do it! You'll regret it later. Just save up and get a griffin armament or silencerco.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
    As a newbie to the suppressor world, what is the downside with direct thread?
    Slow on, slow off, can potentially loosen under fire (needs to be checked/tightened periodically or risk wandering POI or a baffle strike). Also requires muzzle device to be removed prior to and reinstalled after suppressor use.
    "The good old days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems" Billy Joel

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response. I will definitely have to do more research then.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    Slow on, slow off, can potentially loosen under fire (needs to be checked/tightened periodically or risk wandering POI or a baffle strike). Also requires muzzle device to be removed prior to and reinstalled after suppressor use.
    All of the above is true, but I will say that I've never had any of my direct-thread cans loosen, ever! It's still a valid concern though.

That being said, what is the weight of this can compared to a similar size QD can (including muzzle device)? At $199 I would be tempted to just get multiples and not worry about taking them off.

User Info Menu

************************************************** **************************************************

Moving on in Black Aces Tactical news, anyone seen these letters floating around? Looks like NFA dodging SBS crowd may have our good friends at the gub'ment coming to help them pay the appropriate taxes, fees, penalties, etc.
    68587621_2265101550225013_3377523777192591360_n.jpg68691071_2265101556891679_7321575722370203648_n.jpg

User Info Menu

Never mind. Its pointless.
    Last edited by Trigger Time; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:33.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast