• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have one of the H&R Handi Rifles in .300 BLK. I mounted my 9mm Guardian suppressor on it, and tried a few subsonic loads. I feel like it's louder than the ones I have seen on Youtube videos, etc. Is this because I am running a wider exit diameter can than a dedicated .308 supressor? Thanks for any INFORMED replies!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Honestly, the Guardian isn't that good of a suppressor. I have one and have been disappointed with it from the get go. I haven't even ran 300blk through it because I wasn't going to spend the money on another mount and be let down.

Is yours at least hearing safe you think? Maybe just louder than you want?

My only true 300blk suppressor experience is with my AAC 762 sdn 6 and I'm very happy with it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I wouldn't think that the exit diameter would make that much difference. People shoot .22 thru .30 cans all the time and say it is quiet.

My blackout can is a home built. It is silly quiet with subs and hearing safe with supers. Only used it on 8.5" barrel for the blackout, but did run a couple rounds of .223 from another rifle just to see if it was hearing safe to me.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I wouldn't think that the exit diameter would make that much difference. People shoot .22 thru .30 cans all the time and say it is quiet.

Depends on the size of the exit hole. Take the Silencerco Hybrid for example, great can and very versatile. Shooting .22 of .30 bullets through it is effective but not as quiet as a smaller bore can with the .46 end cap, throw a .30 end cap on it and the decibel reduction increases, the gas and pressure is contained in the silencer better and not allowed to flow out. That's an extreme example, .22 bullet through a .46 hole, almost a quarter inch difference compared to just .049"-.09"

Agreed with the quietness issue, it's your can. A 300blk sub should sound like, well, nothing until the bullet hits. It's an amazingly quiet round.

Have you chrono'd your reload too? Is it well subsonic or right on the edge of breaking the sound barrier?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I have an AAC 762-SD that I've used with 300 BLK, .308 Win, and 5.56. With 300 BLK subsonic rounds it's really quiet. I use it without any ear protection and the loudest thing you hear is the bolt action and the "thwack" when the round hits the target. With supersonic rounds of any variety it's markedly quieter than "naked" but not hearing safe by any stretch.

I would say that in addition to the larger 9mm opening, the suppression of a 9mm handgun round generally doesn't have to suppress as much as one for a rifle.

Top Bottom