• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I purge my barrel and can with dry nitrogen, then put a 3/4" paster over the front of the can.

No O2 = no FRP.

(I'm being sarcastic, but truthfully it could work fairly well if somebody had a gas cylinder sitting around full or argon, nitrogen, etc.) I'd like somebody to try it and see...

-Nate

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    There's a point where the internal volume of the can is sufficient that you have diminishing returns of running it wet. Where you'll see and hear the benefits of a wet can will be on the K configurations

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have found that the difference, and yes there is a difference, isn't worth the wet blow back you might get and the fact that cleaning is a little different. Pulling gel and or Vaseline works well and last longer but is only good when you have a can you can open and put it in. For example my Gemtech mono cores are easy to use it with. Traditional baffle stacked guns require liquid to be introduced. Not my favorite. Never add more than a 16oz soda bottle cap's worth of water. It'll last about one magazine.

Bottom line, in my opinion, not worth the hassle for what it offers the ear-o-meter

Top Bottom