• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't even know where to start. I would like a suppressor on my AR. But I wouldn't mind getting others down the road.

I assume I have to get a new stamp each time? Does it get any easier/faster after your first suppressor approval goes through?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    lots of good posts on here that will walk you through it.
    My advice, go through Silencer Shop. They will basically do all the paperwork for you, but you will see how the process works.

It seems those that file as an Individual are seeing faster approvals than those who are using a Trust. Already having a stamp go through has no effect on the timeline of your 2nd or 3rd stamp as far as everything I read.

What really determines how long your wait is... from my research, how many are in front of you and what rate they are processing them.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    There are plenty of good Class III dealers right here in Indiana. I like to keep the business local. Any of them can help you get the paperwork right, and help you understand how it all works.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    It's not as difficult as it seems at first. Personally I still think a trust is the best legal vehicle long term and it's worth the extra wait time IMO.

Form 3's (dealer to dealer transfers) have really sped up so because of that I'd purchase the suppressor online just to avoid state sales tax.

Top Bottom