• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've got one of these Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/22mag tucked away from black Friday last year. I am waiting on a stamp for a thunderbeast 22 takedown so in the interim I am getting work done to be ready when I can bring it home. I enjoy the rough rider enough to take with me on most range days with kids and suppressing it would make it even more valuable, but what would a work around be for suppressor height sights? RMR? lol... but seriously any ideas that wouldn't break the bank? If I had to go too deep I would just buy one of those keltec 22wmr and a threaded barrel.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am no expert on the subject but I thought revolvers can't be properly suppressed. With the exception of the Nagant revolver which seals the cylinder to the barrel when it fires.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not an expert. I've heard the same thing. But, since I'm not an expert, my opinion is mostly useless.

I just received my 22 suppressor, and the pistol host is going to be my S&W M&P 22.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    0206070440022-rough-rider-22.jpg

Besides, how were you going to thread the barrel?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm not an expert. I've heard the same thing. But, since I'm not an expert, my opinion is mostly useless.

I just received my 22 suppressor, and the pistol host is going to be my S&W M&P 22.

This will be my first suppressor so I'm sure I'll have many more D'Oh moments. Still... Now Im thinking about how tactihideous I could make this rough rider and it makes me smile. lol

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Too bad this wouldn't work, it sounds hilarious! I can imagine the looks you'd get...

I've been sitting at work thinking about a janky single action 460vxr wannabe lol. I don't think it will happen, but I would really like to pull it out at atterbury with a cheap micro dot and thread on the suppressor while wearing 5.11 pants with a nylon drop leg holster... It is a good thing I don't have frivolous money, because I would have a lot of frivolous things lol

The thread job would cost more than the gun itself. Lol.

Probably true I got mine on black Friday for ~ 100 dollars. I have been quoted at 110 to thread my 17wsm.... But threaded revolver... I may need talked out of this before my wife looks at my account, there is no telling what can happen when you visit the friendly gunsmith lol.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The cylinder gap is what would make it not as quiet as a semi auto. That being said it still would suppress but you'd have gas escape in the gap and cause noice

I've thought about suppressing a single 6 (just can't bring myself to do a Smith model 17), but I got other fun/odd suppressor hosts projects to do first

The sight would need set back as mentioned above, but I'm curious the material the Heritage is made from, I've always thought it was a zinc alloy (zamak, etc.), not sure how strong the treads would be

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't listen to these knuckleheads.

Suppress the Rough Rider, but be aware that it changes the recoil characteristics, so you'll want to change your grip to this:

ATT92879.jpg

Caveat abductor pollicis

Top Bottom