• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    For me I'm only interested in a transferable MG. Saving for one now. I have no interest in anymore sbr's. I have 9 now and don't shoot most of them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hmm... I've been thinking about a Form1 light weight .22 suppressor. Maybe in Ti.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm planning on doing a krink. I just bought a 104UR. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to form 1 or send it off to have the work done via form 2 and then form 4 back to myself. Mainly the issue is if it'll be suppressor tuned or not.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    I've got suppressors, sbr's, and one SBS. I've finally decided that instead of multiple mediocre guns I'd rather sell a bunch and have a tranny. Hoping to have a budget for at least a M11/9 if not an UZI

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've got suppressors, sbr's, and one SBS. I've finally decided that instead of multiple mediocre guns I'd rather sell a bunch and have a tranny. Hoping to have a budget for at least a M11/9 if not an UZI

Uhm.... okay. :scared:

Anyway, if you do want an MG, give how prices are still moving upward, it might be better to see if you can borrow the money (do a small loan) to buy the gun now, and then pay off the loan when you sell some of your other stuff. The longer you wait, the higher the price goes. The market is a bit soft right now, but unless the NRA or congress grows a pair and pushes to do away with the Hughes Amendment (and there is a snow flakes chance in hell of that).

The M11/9 still might be the most bang for your buck. Other than the various 9mm uppers out there for it (and .22 uppers), Lage is producing a 5.56 upper and I've seen a project in the works for a 12 gauge upper that's heading toward prototype phase.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Why the "uhm okay" comment? What part didn't you understand? I know that MG's are steadily rising. It was a simple comment about how I plan to go a different direction with my collection

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Why the "uhm okay" comment? What part didn't you understand? I know that MG's are steadily rising. It was a simple comment about how I plan to go a different direction with my collection

That part was a joke, referencing your desire to have a "tranny". But, I guess it wasn't that funny, so moving on...

I agree with your approach to the machinegun acquisition. I've done that very thing, selling off a chunk of my collection, including most of my SBRs, to acquire my M16 and HK registered sear and associated hosts.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Ok, I guess I had a dry sense of humor this morning lol. Yeah I'm just reevaluating everything I've spent thousands of dollars on to this point and kinda regret not having a clear goal or in mind. Could've had cooler stuff for the money I've spent over the years

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ok, I guess I had a dry sense of humor this morning lol. Yeah I'm just reevaluating everything I've spent thousands of dollars on to this point and kinda regret not having a clear goal or in mind. Could've had cooler stuff for the money I've spent over the years

I won't be buying a machine gun, but I have the quality over quantity attitude as well. I do wish I had an HK sear though!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Most NFA things don't excite me too much other than suppressors (which didn't either until I was issued one for my SBR). I don't have any class III things personally yet, but I think I'm going to get a rimfire suppressor. Not sure which, but the Q El Camino is at the top of the list right now. If Silencer Shop had one in stock, I would have already started the paperwork on it.

Edited: Ordered the El Camino. Now to figure out how to do the paperwork.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I need a couple new cans, an AEM-5, and a .30 cal can, but I haven't decided which one yet.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    The M11/9 still might be the most bang for your buck. Other than the various 9mm uppers out there for it (and .22 uppers), Lage is producing a 5.56 upper and I've seen a project in the works for a 12 gauge upper that's heading toward prototype phase.

Totally agree with this! The m11/9 is a very versatile platform. Lots of options and ammo is cheap. I have all the Lage uppers and miscellaneous parts plus I'm 33rd on the waiting list for the Max 11/15. Assuming the Max 11/15 is priced around $2000 and current M11/9 at $7500-$8000, you can essentially have a full auto 5.56 for under $10,000! No it's not a M16 but its not $30k either.

Top Bottom