• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Got a quick question for you all. I am moving to another county in Indiana and currently have form 4’s in my name. How do I handle this? Do I notify the ATF?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yep, I believe it's form 5320.20. It covers taking items out of state and permanent moves. Somebody smarter will be along shortly to quote the law. I'm just guessing.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There shouldn't be an issue here.

You aren't leaving the state which is why you shouldn't have any problems. If it were a form 1 coming to your house address it could be an issue and you may have to refile. However, with a form 4 it's going to show up at your dealer for you to then go pick up. I am not a lawyer ATF agent etc. But as far as I am aware there really isn't an issue here. You can always call the ATF and ask. I know if you already posses it and move as you are there isn't anything to really do. So with a form 4 I don't see where the issue could be if you aren't leaving the state. I am interested to see what everyone else puts as I know we have some dealers here but I've never seen it to be an issue but I've never been asked. I have moved (in state) while pending a form 4 without issue.

Top Bottom