• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    New Albany
    I have been putting this off for a long time for one reason or another. Well last Friday I made the leap. I purchased a Sparrow 22 and filed my paperwork with the ATF. Now comes the hard part. WAITING. I am already thinking of getting another in the works. I would like to get several other for different calibers. But I am so impatient this whole waiting thig is going to drive me nuts. If the research I’ve done is correct I should get my can out of jail around June / July. I am so stoked.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have been putting this off for a long time for one reason or another. Well last Friday I made the leap. I purchased a Sparrow 22 and filed my paperwork with the ATF. Now comes the hard part. WAITING. I am already thinking of getting another in the works. I would like to get several other for different calibers. But I am so impatient this whole waiting thig is going to drive me nuts. If the research I’ve done is correct I should get my can out of jail around June / July. I am so stoked.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. You will find they are addictive and you'll end up with more than one.
    What are you going to put it on?

fullauto71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    New Albany
    I have a 10/22 that I have done a lot of work to. I plan on getting a KIDD barrel for it. I also want to get either a SR22, P-22 or a S&W Shield 22 (I will researh these while I wait for my can to get released). I have a couple glocks and AR’s for the new (to be purchased) cans. Will a 9MM can work on the 5.56 well? I believe the threading is the same ½-28 correct?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    When you decide to get another, my advice is to skip the 556 cans and get a 30 caliber instead.

^^^This is great advice. I bought a 5.56 can pretty early on in my suppressor buying experience. It is not much lighter than a .30 cal can and does not suppress the sound much more than a .30 cal can.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When you decide to get another, my advice is to skip the 556 cans and get a 30 caliber instead.
    Another +1 for this.

I got a 5.56 can (my first and only for now) and regret not getting a .30 cal.

fullauto71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    New Albany
    Another +1 for this.

I got a 5.56 can (my first and only for now) and regret not getting a .30 cal.

^^^This is great advice. I bought a 5.56 can pretty early on in my suppressor buying experience. It is not much lighter than a .30 cal can and does not suppress the sound much more than a .30 cal can.

Do you guys have recommendations for a can? I am thinking I would like it to have a QD mount for use on multiple firearms.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll defer to the others, since I'm still researching that myself. I want to know the answer, too! :D

QD/universal mount (my current can is the Gemtech Halo which can mount to almost any AR-style flash hider) is part of my best-case-scenario, too.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a 10/22 that I have done a lot of work to. I plan on getting a KIDD barrel for it. I also want to get either a SR22, P-22 or a S&W Shield 22 (I will researh these while I wait for my can to get released). I have a couple glocks and AR’s for the new (to be purchased) cans. Will a 9MM can work on the 5.56 well? I believe the threading is the same ½-28 correct?

It depends on the suppressor.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Yep. .30 can and .22 can are most important. Though if you shoot .300blk subsonic and any 9mm, a 9mm suppressor is an option. .45 suppresses very well too and you can shoot 9mm and .300blk through it

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I think the Omega set the bar for 30 cal cans. However, there are limitations on it via the warranty on certain barrel lengths with certain calibers. The Dead Air Sandman series of cans have zero limits on barrel lengths per caliber and will warranty all of them.

fullauto71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    New Albany
    I think the Omega set the bar for 30 cal cans. However, there are limitations on it via the warranty on certain barrel lengths with certain calibers. The Dead Air Sandman series of cans have zero limits on barrel lengths per caliber and will warranty all of them.

I have looked at the Dead Air Sandman and like it at first glance. I will do more research on it though before I decide. Is it QD capable?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you want a 5.56 can, get a .30 cal. If you want a 9mm, get a .45 can. When researching cans, pay more attention to the cost, and availability of the pistons and QD muzzle devices, as opposed to the cost of the can. Once you suppress a couple guns, you'll want to suppress them all. The cost of the accessories can quickly surpass the price of the can. :twocents:

Top Bottom