• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Got my paperwork back too quickly on a .46 caliber supressor; I hadn't yet decided what I really wanted to use it on.

The Supressor is capable of being used on a pistol or rifle.

Was thinking I'd use it on an lever gun that I'd thread.
    Any suggestions on make/calibers?
    I was thinking initially 45-70, but I'm new to the big bore lever gun arena.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have a Hybrid and I had a Marlin 45-70 I intended to thread but couldn't bring myself to do it to a JM stamped barrel. I may buy a new one and do it. If you reload I think you'd be pretty happy with it so it's cheaper to shoot. Otherwise a 44mag would be pretty awesome as well. I personally have been wanting to get my hands on a 357 so I can shoot 38 subs out of it.

As far as makers there are obviously Marlin, Henry being the big two but there are others. The most important thing will be a side loading gate because you can't remove the tube with the can on the gun. So with Henry is out there, I'd go with a Marlin.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I've been looking as well at lever guns. I have a Hybrid and also intend on suppressing a 45-70. I'd love to have a Henry, however the Marlin will work much better with the loading mechanism. Welcome to INGO, TONS of great resources here.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    thanks. I had not considered the tube mag being restricted by the can. I have the hybrid also.
    Guess marlin it is.
    I've got a 357 marlin, but it was given to me by my late aunt and was my first rifle, so I don't want to mess with it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I bought a Marlin 336 made in 1975 specifically for the purpose to run my Hybrid on it

LbTsLvC.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I had not thought about a suppressed .45-70...but now I am. Subsonic rounds wouldn't be that hard to come up with if reloading and would still carry significant knock out power. I'd have to buy another though as threading my CB's octagon barrel might prove both problematic and unattractive. Good luck with the project.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    and how's that working out for you?

For what I actually shoot it it's been pretty cool. Mainly did it for the "cause" factor

Barrel was too small diameter wise to do 5/8x24 (weak threads, not enough shoulder) so we did 1/2x28. Overall very easy rifle to put a can on, I don't recall the front sight even having to be moved back with but I can't remember

Only thing is the Hybrid is a fat can and it just barely sits under the iron sights, so when you get 3-4 rounds through it, you get the heat mirage obscuring the sights pretty good

Cool to hear the delay of a 30-30 at 200 yards though, still smacks the **** out of steel

I mentioned the date of mine cause of an earlier post, when I did this, I wanted an older one with no safety. Wouldn't own a remlin if I had a choice

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    I have a .357 Marlin 1894 I'd love to suppress. I know you have a big bore can, but I always though the soft shooting nature of that rifle would mix well with a silencer. If you want bigger, 44 magnum would be a good option also. Easy to find and reload and packs a punch.

Top Bottom