• 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm not a dead shot by any means...
    It took me several magazines to figure out the point of aim with this pistol. The rear sights tend to move up and down a little.

Anybody have any experience on how a suppressor will affect point of aim? Shot 4 mags for the first time with a can, and found accuracy to be challenging with any consistency. Granted, it was ridiculously cold and windy so it is highly likely it was the shooter. Range was <10 yards, so I don't think wind would have been a factor on bullet traj.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I just sent my m&p 22 full size back to smith to be looked at.

it shot high, I tried changing out to adjustable sights, didn't work.
    I used the new front sight with the factory rear, didn't work.
    I tried the factory front with the adjustable rear, didn't work.
    and for poops and giggles I went back to the factory sights.
    and when it STILL shot 4 inches high at 20 paces(off a rest!), I gave up and called smith, told them whats going on, and they said to send it back.

its going to be one of my suppressor hosts, I want to make sure its ok before I put the can on it

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I had the full size also, but didn't notice the accuracy problems you mentioned. The compact though, took me quite a while to work enough voodoo to figure it out. I've seen other videos that suggest 6-8 inches left when shooting supressed. Guess I'll find out this Spring.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I had the full size also, but didn't notice the accuracy problems you mentioned. The compact though, took me quite a while to work enough voodoo to figure it out. I've seen other videos that suggest 6-8 inches left when shooting supressed. Guess I'll find out this Spring.

im hearing 5-7 months for approvals, I've paid for mine, but haven't mailed off anything yet (I'm buying my can from a friends estate), and his attorney has 3 class three items that were sold(from the estate), and he wants all 3 items paid for before he begins the paperwork (the attorneys is a good friend, and not some bottom feeder like most are, I trust him) besides im getting older, and hate shooting in the cold,but if I wanted, I could probably go shoot it at his house, he's got a range out back (and if I asked nicely I could possibly shoot some of his "toy's" (mp5,m16,thompson, or any of his cans)

the m&p compact has adjustable sights, the full size doesn't (even tho there are 2 screws) I called smith one time and asked why when I adjust the screw the sight just bobbed up and down, and they said its not adjustable. im thinking when it gets back, ill put the adjustable sights back on it (Williams fire sights) and sight it in for the suppressor, and put a cheap laser on it and sight it in for when the can's not on the gun.

I noticed when I sent it off, the barrel was out of center on the slide when it was forward (it looked like it was touching the bottom and had a gap at the top). smith told me with shut downs, and the holiday's it might next year before I get it back, no big deal, ive got 3 other 22's (all rugers) and If I want to go plinking ill just take one of them. I am thinking of getting a tactical solutions pac lite upper for one of my 22/45's to be a second host for a pistol, and cant decide if I want to thread my 10/22 barrel or buy a bolt action 22 (ruger American or savage mk2 vf-sr)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've never shot a American bolt 22, though I considered it for a quiet-er supressor host with low velocity ammo. I've been spoiled by the auto load 10/22 I suppose. I have two that I shoot regularly.
    I did purchase a tac sol 10/22 threaded barrel and have been very pleased, but you can have gunsmith thread an existing barrel for probably half the cost. I get around 1-1.5 MOA with my tac sol barrel, from the back of a pickup in a cow pasture. I'm sure from a bench you'd do better.

Top Bottom