"Variable" in the barrel length / total length on form 1 for an SBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm working on two SBR projects, and I see there are barrel length and total length spaces on the form 1. The first project is an AR lower and of course the caliber varies, but so do the lengths. The .458 is longer than the 300 plus the can, and I'm not cutting it down. The other project is a bolt 300 and I haven't determined the barrel length yet. I'm making the barrel out of a 16" AR one and I'd like to cut it back past the gas port, but unless I do something radical with the stock to fit the can I may be limited with length.

So, whereas I've seen "multi" in the caliber box, is it schwifty to put "variable" or somesuch in for the lengths? I'd hate to be out $400 for the familiar rejection I can get for free from any chick.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The days of putting the word Multi in caliber box are long gone. Try it and it will only be kicked back.
    The ATF doesn't care that you switch calibers around on your lower as long as it can returned to whatever caliber and length configuration you have listed on your form 1.

In addition, if you are rejected, the ATF does not keep your money. It will be returned in a time frame that they deem reasonable, like 6 months.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, so I'll default to the 300 on both and do the engineering on the bolt rifle before I put barrel to receiver, so I'll have actual numbers I can fill in. That one wasn't going to be variable, I just don't know what it's going to end up with yet. Thank you. It's good to know I'd get my money back, that's more than I ever got from any chick.

Top Bottom