• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Poor CS and communications are not an isolated dept. issue. It is indicative of the company overall.
    This seems to be the end result.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Funny, just a few months ago had a gunshop owner tell me they turned the business around. Come to think about it, he’s not in business anymore either.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    "Due to ongoing softness in the suppressor market, Huntertown Arms is ceasing operations."

I don't think that's an accurate statement. Suppressors are becoming more popular every day. Huntertown had a good corner of the market in affordable suppressors with good warranties. Unfortunately, their customer service was horrible from the start, they started changing their warranty, continued with horrible service, and it caught up with them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    "Due to ongoing softness in the suppressor market, Huntertown Arms is ceasing operations."

I don't think that's an accurate statement. Suppressors are becoming more popular every day. Huntertown had a good corner of the market in affordable suppressors with good warranties. Unfortunately, their customer service was horrible from the start, they started changing their warranty, continued with horrible service, and it caught up with them.

Yes suppressors are more and more popular everyday, but sales have dropped like a rock, look at silencerco laying off over 100 people, look at the sales promotions that silencer shop (paying your transfer tax)has done. Some companies have resosorted to giving cans away (if you buy a center fire can they’re giving you a rim fire can). Saying sales are down is like saying the Grand Canyon is a small hole in the ground. Look at transfer times, some people are saying form 4’s have dropped to 4-5 months

now I have heard the huntertown horror stories, so I don’t believe “soft market” is all of their troubles, but it could’ve had an influence in their decision

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good riddance. I've met the owner in person. He is not what you would call a "people person". I also know he screwed over some former employees years ago. He, along with a cocky gun shop employee and gun shop owner in Fort Wayne tried to pull one over on me years ago by selling me a "new gun" that was obviously used and missing one mag at the same price as a new gun. When I called them out on it, I was told to go buy one on Gunbroker for more money. You don't talk to customers or treat them like that. I've never been back to that shop since and I regularly skip past their table at the gun shows. I also decided to never buy a Huntertown Arms suppressor after that encounter. I really don't care if he's an active member here or not, just telling my experience with them.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    So, for those who might know, if we have an issue with our suppressor, we are now hosed? If we need a new baffle (I don't, i'm just thinking for in the future) our can is now trash? How would we go about repairs?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So, for those who might know, if we have an issue with our suppressor, we are now hosed? If we need a new baffle (I don't, i'm just thinking for in the future) our can is now trash? How would we go about repairs?

You MAY be able to inquire of another manufacturer to see if they may be able to perform the work for you.

Top Bottom