• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am doing my first Form 4 on my trust since 41F went into effect and I have a couple questions I am hoping INGO can help me with:

1. I know I can go into CVS and get pictures taken, but where do I get a fingerprint card done?

2. Where do I go to get the CLEO signature? To the County Building in downtown Noblesville or to the Sheriff's office at the Hamilton County Jail?

3. Do I need to make an appointment, or can this be done on a walk-in?

Thanks!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There's no sherrif sign off, not even a spot for it. You just have to list your local department, address, and sheriff then notify them somehow after you submit it to the ATF

Fingerprint....either do your own or check to see if your local pd still uses ink. It's easier to print yourself anymore

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Thanks for the replies!

I see now that I don't need the CLEO signature. Great news.

FD-258 form is downloadable, so I could do it myself, but it has a section for "Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints". Does that mean I need to have it done by HC Sheriff's office or Fishers PD or some other gov agency?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thanks for the replies!

I see now that I don't need the CLEO signature. Great news.

FD-258 form is downloadable, so I could do it myself, but it has a section for "Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints". Does that mean I need to have it done by HC Sheriff's office or Fishers PD or some other gov agency?

That's how I took it, but I've never tried doing it myself. Most PD's will do it. I ordered a pack of forms from the GPO I haven't been charged carrying in my own forms. If you print it yourself do it on cardstock that's how the GPO does it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Final question.....

There are 3 sets of forms I have to send in marked 1) ATF Copy 2) CLEO Copy 3) ATF Copy 2 - To Be Returned To Registrant. I understand I needc to send in all three of these forms.

However, at the top of each for it says "Submit In Duplicate". Does that mean I need two copies of each form = SIX forms total? If so, does each copy need to be an original or can I just make photocopies of each form?

Damn....I wish the HPA would go through.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Final question.....

There are 3 sets of forms I have to send in marked 1) ATF Copy 2) CLEO Copy 3) ATF Copy 2 - To Be Returned To Registrant. I understand I needc to send in all three of these forms.

However, at the top of each for it says "Submit In Duplicate". Does that mean I need two copies of each form = SIX forms total? If so, does each copy need to be an original or can I just make photocopies of each form?

Damn....I wish the HPA would go through.

My understanding was that copy 1 and copy 3 constituted the "Duplicate", and that copy 2 was sent to CLEO stand-alone. I gathered that from several sources on my form 1 (including the advice of the attorney who drafted my trust), and SilencerCo seems to agree as it pertains to form 4's: https://silencerco.com/form-4/#tab-1

If in doubt, feel free to give the ATF a call to ask: 304-616-4500 is the number for the NFA branch. They are actually really helpful when it comes to this sort of stuff. They want you to get the form right so they don't have to bounce it back for corrections.

Top Bottom