• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    Is the background check for a machine gun the same as with any other gun, handgun rifle? I have heard that if you can pass a background check for a handgun or a rifle you will pass for a machine gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is the background check for a machine gun the same as with any other gun, handgun rifle? I have heard that if you can pass a background check for a handgun or a rifle you will pass for a machine gun.

Well, a difference is that it will take the most part of a year to wait for the "background check".
    It's not "instant" like the NICS check.

bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    what my thinking is if they are just using the NICS check for MGs, it kinda makes the NFA items in line as far as background checks, with just a normal firearms purchase. I understand that NFA items get registered but if they are just using NICS, well I hate to say it, but that is just stupid.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    what my thinking is if they are just using the NICS check for MGs, it kinda makes the NFA items in line as far as background checks, with just a normal firearms purchase. I understand that NFA items get registered but if they are just using NICS, well I hate to say it, but that is just stupid.

Yes.
    But the ATF is not trying to make it easy. They are trying to discourage people by making it difficult.

As for stupid, when I got my fingerprints done at the police dept., the officer thought it was nuts that the ATF still required paper and ink fingerprints, instead of the electronic ones.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Things are crazy these days, back in the 70s NFA paperwork came back in a few weeks. At $200 a pop the NFA branch was printing money.

Top Bottom