machine gun background check

Is the background check for a machine gun the same as with any other gun, handgun rifle? I have heard that if you can pass a background check for a handgun or a rifle you will pass for a machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Is the background check for a machine gun the same as with any other gun, handgun rifle? I have heard that if you can pass a background check for a handgun or a rifle you will pass for a machine gun.
    Well, a difference is that it will take the most part of a year to wait for the "background check".
    It's not "instant" like the NICS check.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

what my thinking is if they are just using the NICS check for MGs, it kinda makes the NFA items in line as far as background checks, with just a normal firearms purchase. I understand that NFA items get registered but if they are just using NICS, well I hate to say it, but that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    what my thinking is if they are just using the NICS check for MGs, it kinda makes the NFA items in line as far as background checks, with just a normal firearms purchase. I understand that NFA items get registered but if they are just using NICS, well I hate to say it, but that is just stupid.
    Yes.
    But the ATF is not trying to make it easy. They are trying to discourage people by making it difficult.

As for stupid, when I got my fingerprints done at the police dept., the officer thought it was nuts that the ATF still required paper and ink fingerprints, instead of the electronic ones.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Things are crazy these days, back in the 70s NFA paperwork came back in a few weeks. At $200 a pop the NFA branch was printing money.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

I just wanted to get a little educated before I replied in the comment section of this https://www.gunownersamerica.com/atf...5000@gmail.com And please consider it yourself.