• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    They're actually doing it? I dreamed of that exact thing, and thought it would be cool to have done as a custom job by an SOT gunsmith.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have not seen a price yet, my SOT said they aren't showing up on distributors website yet and they haven't asked their rep. CZ made the announcement awhile back I saw on instagram. I know the MSRP seemed reasonable. It looked like the price on a complete rifle would be less or on par with the Ruger integral barrel. I know my LGS will be getting one in when they come available. I'm very excited to check it out that's for sure!

However from what I've seen it almost looks like the baffles thread in or something and it's not like your typical k baffle. I don't know how big of a fan of that I am if they are super hard to get out, but I'm going to just wait and see if we see anything from SHOT and or what's released. It is on my radar for sure! I'd love it if you can buy just the barrel and it'd go on a 452.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't like how they did the baffels. They think you can unscrew baffels from a threaded tube after you shoot .22? They're going to seize in place

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Is that for just the barrel I'm assuming? The original word was that you could also buy they gun complete which appeared to be a better deal to me.

I don't like how they did the baffels. They think you can unscrew baffels from a threaded tube after you shoot .22? They're going to seize in place

From the article.

For an MSRP of $399, the integrally-suppressed CZ 455 barrel set will be available in at least .22 LR and .17 HMR. I’d guess a .22 WMR variant won’t be far behind. Built into the varmint profile barrel is a 7075 aluminum suppressor insert. The entire insert is threaded, allowing the user to screw baffles into it at their pre-designated locations or invent custom spacing as desired. Patented threads on the baffles cut through carbon and other fouling.

cz-insta2.jpg

Lots of Anti-seize!! I wonder how good it will hold up to being taken down.

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    They're actually doing it? I dreamed of that exact thing, and thought it would be cool to have done as a custom job by an SOT gunsmith.

I saw a picture before Christmas and haven't stopped thinking about it since! $399 for a 16" or 20" barrel. Much cheaper than the custom guys

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, if they really thread in like that I don't think I'll be a buyer. That looks like it'd be darn near impossible to not service really frequently. They were saying a few hundred rounds and I can see why. I can shoot thousands through my mask and it still comes right apart.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah, if they really thread in like that I don't think I'll be a buyer. That looks like it'd be darn near impossible to not service really frequently. They were saying a few hundred rounds and I can see why. I can shoot thousands through my mask and it still comes right apart.

The baffles look like they came from from a tap & die set.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Rimfire is dirty. Being able to take it apart to clean the can is a big deal. The internal threads are gonna trap crap like nobody's business.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Musings from a non-machinist and dude not super familiar with suppressors:

Does the baffle stack compromise the entire length of the threaded section of tube? The image only shows for - but I'm presuming that this is just a diagram for informational purposes.

IF there are baffles that line the entire threaded section, and IF those baffles "nest" together a bit, let's presume there's probably 10-12 baffles. A) that seems excessive. B) the more baffles the more threads are "covered" by baffles which means there's less threaded surface area to be fouled.

So if the majority of the threading is holding baffles - then maybe this isn't such a huge deal after all??

It still seems silly, unnecessarily complicated, and expensive to machine, though.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Don't really see the need for custom spacing. Just engineer it to work. I suppose a work-round for carbon in the threads would be to make some aluminum bushings to slide between the baffles. But that would add weight. And it might be "making a suppressor" under our draconian system.

Top Bottom