Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DanVoils View Post
    I'm thinking of a Form 1 can and the initial engraving. You are correct he can copy it anywhere he wants. It was the moving it on an existing can I was missing.
    If it is a Form 4 can you cannot "move" the SN.
    If it is an unfired Form 1 can (with an approved form 1) you can move the SN. Once it's fired you cannot make any modifications or changes.
    Right. But he said move. So I'm assuming it's already a completed and stamped can. In that case as you, I and others said, No.
    PLEASE DONATE TO BRING SYLVAIN TO AMERICA
    https://www.gofundme.com/get-sylvain-here-k1-visa-fund

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Right. But he said move. So I'm assuming it's already a completed and stamped can. In that case as you, I and others said, No.
    That's how I read it too.

Marksman
    I didnt mean to say move, copy. Not wanting to change anything on the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by JonProphet View Post
    I didnt mean to say move, copy. Not wanting to change anything on the tube.
    You can copy it anywhere you like. That shouldn't be a problem.

Grandmaster
    Maybe in this case the word "duplicate" would be more appropriate?

The OP wants to DUPLICATE the serial number from the tube, onto another part of the can. There is nothing wrong with that. He cannot remove/replace the original engraving on the tube though.

Marksman
    I think for all intent and purposes, this is probably most likely a waste of time. What I'm worried about is if the tube is damaged, I still won't be able to replace the tube or repair it.

-JD-

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by JonProphet View Post
    I think for all intent and purposes, this is probably most likely a waste of time. What I'm worried about is if the tube is damaged, I still won't be able to replace the tube or repair it.

-JD-
    You're right that the tube cannot be replaced. Replacement equals manufacturing a new suppressor, which means a new tax.

A damaged tube can possibly be repaired (depending on the damage). If the damage or repair covers/obscures/destroys the initial engraving I believe an SOT may be permitted to duplicate the engraving (I'm no longer staying on top of all the opinions etc). They cannot replace the tube, they cannot replace the tube and "save" only the part with the engraving to weld into the new tube. Common sense generally prevails when determining if a repair is kosher or not. SOTs know what they're doing most of the time when it comes to legality.

Plinker
    If its a form 1 your the manufacturer so you can fix it, if it is not a form 1 then only the original manufacturer can repair or change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmeseeks View Post
    If its a form 1 your the manufacturer so you can fix it, if it is not a form 1 then only the original manufacturer can repair or change it.
    You are wrong. Anyone taking your advice is gonna end up a fellon If caught.
    I don't care if youre the manufacturer or not. Once a can is made (can only be made after an aproved form 1 as an individual) you can't destroy or reproduce the same serial number or the serialized part. Unless it is taken out of the registry by being destroyed and a new serial number issued which means applying for a new stamp all over.
    If you have a bullet go through the serialized tube then your gonna be paying another stamp fee and waiting for them to approve it before you have a can in hand again

Last edited by Trigger Time; 1 Week Ago at 19:52.
    PLEASE DONATE TO BRING SYLVAIN TO AMERICA
    https://www.gofundme.com/get-sylvain-here-k1-visa-fund

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2