• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so I looked on the Evansville police department website and they charge 10.00 for fingerprinting!....10 BUCKS!!!!! money order or certified check only, no cash!

the website says 7am to 5pm, since I get off at 4 perfect right?????? WRONG!....I called to ask if I need to make an appointment, she said "oh the website's wrong, we only do prints from 7-2:30"

so if you're going to commit a crime in Evansville, do it between 2:31 and 6:59...I guess due to budget cuts, the police departments closed then!

#passthehpa

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Talked to our local PD about prints for a Form 4 and they too charge $10 per set and you have to schedule them in advance on certain days.

The Sheriff's Department does them free for residents with no scheduling.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Madison county in the past took permit apps Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 8-11 and from 1-4. Period.
    Even worse all forms were sent in together once a month like clockwork to ISP. If you missed the window it sat for a month at least. He is no longer in office.

When I got my first permit in the 1980’s it was 7-5 weekdays. If the sherif was in the office and not busy he would sometimes ask if you could come to the office and chat. Friendly chat for a jack booted politician. Let’s face it a sheriff is more a politician than a policeman. I remember him telling me Sherri will get this permit app in the mail in the am.

Level 7 (I think) does the prints and all they have to do now is sign and collect the fees only USPS money order or certified check. I remember mine running out in may I got in for lifetime in July and got permitted after deer season on November. 4 month’s wait.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've been printed a few times, rush county will do it free if you bring the cards. I was most recently printed at the Columbus PD, they had a charge (accepted cash), but waived the fee when I pulled out my own fbi cards. I think it cost me 10 dollars to get 100 cards from the Government Printing Office. Bigger cities, more populated counties probably have a pretty serious workload on the office employees requiring them to take measures to cut down on application printing so that the employees can carry out their everyday tasks. I find it much easier to go to just take a little time and go to Rush or Decatur county sheriffs dept. No wait, no complaints (unless you expect them to provide the fingerprint cards), and there is always parking available. Maybe the surrounding pd's or sheriffs departments will be easier to work with for you.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    The Delaware County Sheriff's Department used to do prints years ago anytime during regular hours, but the very nice lady the worked the front desk retired (I believe), and then they stopped doing it. Now you have to go to the Records Office (I think) in Muncie City Hall, they charge $5-10 (it's been a while), and I believe it is only during certain hours. This was for NFA/FBI fingerprint cards. For LTCH applications you have to schedule an appointment with a private company. At least that's the way it was a couple of years ago when my wife got her LTCH. Wish the Sheriff's department would start doing it again.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I've been printed a few times, rush county will do it free if you bring the cards. I was most recently printed at the Columbus PD, they had a charge (accepted cash), but waived the fee when I pulled out my own fbi cards. I think it cost me 10 dollars to get 100 cards from the Government Printing Office. Bigger cities, more populated counties probably have a pretty serious workload on the office employees requiring them to take measures to cut down on application printing so that the employees can carry out their everyday tasks. I find it much easier to go to just take a little time and go to Rush or Decatur county sheriffs dept. No wait, no complaints (unless you expect them to provide the fingerprint cards), and there is always parking available. Maybe the surrounding pd's or sheriffs departments will be easier to work with for you.

Carmel is also free..................only thing there that is.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    How would they know that it's your print that you submitted if you're not printed in person?

You think the FBI calls the department or whoever fingerprints you?

Besides......it's a background check....they run your fingerprints......if the info on the card doesn't match the prints on the card, it'll raise some questions

Check on ar15.com, m4carbine, and other gun/nfa heavy sites. People have been fingerprinting themselves for years. Just need some good quality ink and the fingerprint cards that you get from your dealer

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    D****t S*n of a B***h!!!!!!!!

I got up early today, drove to the epd, with a 10.00 dollar money order, got my finger prints (the lady at the epd was very nice) drove to work, was only 6 mins late (so I was still on time), and just now, I noticed that she didn't fill out the employer and address box.....so back to the epd so they can fill out that box (or stamp it) I called and asked if I could fill it out, and she said better not!

#PASSTHEHPA

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    D****t S*n of a B***h!!!!!!!!

I got up early today, drove to the epd, with a 10.00 dollar money order, got my finger prints (the lady at the epd was very nice) drove to work, was only 6 mins late (so I was still on time), and just now, I noticed that she didn't fill out the employer and address box.....so back to the epd so they can fill out that box (or stamp it) I called and asked if I could fill it out, and she said better not!

#PASSTHEHPA

i believe it’s your employer.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i believe it’s your employer.

to be sure I called the batfe nfa branch and the lady who answered the phone said that info was supposed to be filled out by the Evansville police department BUT I could fill it out with epd info

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Ive always put my employer and have no problems so far.

Hope the three three transfers I have in process currently don't get rejected because of this.

chuck

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Per the BATFE instructions. I can't figure out how to post a pdf link to it. This info is for the FD-258 fingerprint cards.

21. Employer and Address Block
    Enter the subject’s potential employer and address of that employer.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Per the BATFE instructions. I can't figure out how to post a pdf link to it. This info is for the FD-258 fingerprint cards.

21. Employer and Address Block
    Enter the subject’s potential employer and address of that employer.

This is what I was told as well. These cards are also used for federal background checks for employment into sensitive areas. The ATF probably just adopted them to prevent them from having to build their own card tailored to the nfa.

Top Bottom