• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    Where would one go if they would like to test fire various suppressor models and/or calibers?

So I am looking to buy my first suppressor and would like to "test drive" a couple calibers and suppressor types ie. wet vs dry. A suppressor is a substantial purchase for me and I want to make sure I like what I get.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We need to have another ingo HUSH shoot like was done locally before. Most of the organizers are banned now from ingo but we should have another.
    Even had some sponsorship from local shops and gemtech sent a rep down if I remember right.
    We have tons of members with suppressors and I'm sure many would help out. It was held at MCFG last time

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    We need to have another ingo HUSH shoot like was done locally before. Most of the organizers are banned now from ingo but we should have another.
    Even had some sponsorship from local shops and gemtech sent a rep down if I remember right.
    We have tons of members with suppressors and I'm sure many would help out. It was held at MCFG last time

This idea appeals to my interests.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Banned organizations. Banned members. I am always surprised that brotherhoods and clubs would have me for a member.

I must have been in exile when that happened or head was in the sand. Have been to the INGO hush shoot and the INGO NFA day. (All great fun with great people and better food) A few INGO swap meets. Yet have not heard from some of those guys in some time. That might explain why I don’t see the posters I used to see.

I cruise many a gun board. This one can be a bit harsh at times but there are some worse boards FLAMER/TROLL wise.
    Group me and line chat seem to have taken place of some of the boards for me with and friends I know. I don’t BookOfFaces or ChatSnap or anything this is about as social as my media goes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Banned organizations. Banned members. I am always surprised that brotherhoods and clubs would have me for a member.

I must have been in exile when that happened or head was in the sand. Have been to the INGO hush shoot and the INGO NFA day. (All great fun with great people and better food) A few INGO swap meets. Yet have not heard from some of those guys in some time. That might explain why I don’t see the posters I used to see.

I cruise many a gun board. This one can be a bit harsh at times but there are some worse boards FLAMER/TROLL wise.
    Group me and line chat seem to have taken place of some of the boards for me with and friends I know. I don’t BookOfFaces or ChatSnap or anything this is about as social as my media goes.

Yeah all that happened a while ago.
    We probably saw each other at the shoot.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    OP the internet does have some nice true decibels ratings of cans some nice write up’s and year or two into purchase reviews of ease of use. You just have to be picky into who is doing the ratings and how those reviews and such can be kinda faked to make something look better than something else. The ones where there is an unplugged mic cable on a stereo decibel meter during on can and two cables plugged in on the next can was telling.

Still nothingnlike being able to hold it shoot it attach it clean it drool on it a bit in person. I have found some of them entertaining some useful in thinning the herd in a large field of choices and a few downright determined to steer one to a certain product.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    A buddy got to test a SilencerCo Hybrid when they first came out. He got one, waiting the time, and has one. Says it's one of the best cans he's ever owned. It all depends on the use though. Myself, I'm a bang for buck kind of guy, so the Hybrid will probably be my 1st, if not only, can.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I talked with Don at proteq during the last INGO shoot there about doing a suppressed shoot at his range. He was in favor of it and said just to contact him. I fully plan on doing it, however I didn't plan on even contacting him until Spring time as I don't really have the time to devote to everything until early May. I would love to get an NFA/suppressed shoot going though.

As far as cans go though OP I don't know of too many places you can shoot what you want before you buy. However, some shops do have demo cans, but not all of them have ranges. All of the stuff that has come out recently does a great job with the suppression and I'd look more at other features that are important to you. I see you are in fishers, however, if you make it over to the Terre Haute area I'd let you try out some of mine, I've got quite a few.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I would bring mine too a group shoot of they are both out of jail. Expecting the rimfire can in the next month or so. My 30 cal american mfg ghost wind will be locked up until later summer early fall. Maybe we could put on 2a year?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I own 6 cans at the moment, waiting on 2 more, and currently have plans for 4 more (maybe more, 2 of those are pretty close to being papered)

Unless you're shooting cans side by side, you'll never know which one is "quieter", hosts make a difference as well and sometimes, even if a can is quieter, some people's ears are trashed so bad that they can't tell the difference in or just plain can't notice the tone/pitch difference and if that can is $150 more you might not be able to justify the extra cost.

Also, silencers are like guns, sometimes too you just buy them because you want them, like the design, like the company, etc.

What calibers are you thinking of?

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    I'd be in for this as well. I've been researching 30cal cans to go between my savage 10 and pws 308AR. I have not had the pleasure or going to the NFA or Hush shoots, but would love to get a feel of some of those items before taking the plunge.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I would be interested in an event too. Since it appears there is ZERO chance of getting the SHARE act passed I'm going to have to suck it up and do a trust.

My interest would be mostly 30 cal for 300BO. So far what I've gathered is that a 30 cal can-can also be used for a 22 cal can.

I'm a total noob on this but willing to read and learn.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would be interested in an event too. Since it appears there is ZERO change of getting the SHARE act passed I'm going to have to suck it up and do a trust.

My interest would be mostly 30 cal for 300BO. So far what I've gathered is that a 30 cal can-can also be used for a 22 cal can.

Kind of. A 30 caliber suppressor can definitely handle 22, but, unless the suppressor is user serviceable, it's not a good idea. An example would be the Griffin Optimus.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    On a side note, the name HUSH Indiana, all the contact info, all the shoot equipment, and all the advertising materials were sold to a local gun shop that I do not believe is still in business. I sold it all about the same time I stopped doing retail because of my new position selling wholesale and managing LE/GOV accounts at Thompson Machine Sound Suppressors.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Where would one go if they would like to test fire various suppressor models and/or calibers?

So I am looking to buy my first suppressor and would like to "test drive" a couple calibers and suppressor types ie. wet vs dry. A suppressor is a substantial purchase for me and I want to make sure I like what I get.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It's not close, but a suppressor shoot is happening in Florida that several companies will be attending including Thompson Machine.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2024619204492565/

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I would be interested in an event too. Since it appears there is ZERO chance of getting the SHARE act passed I'm going to have to suck it up and do a trust.

Check out the Thompson Machine Isis-2 in either .300SUB, 9MM or .45ACP. They will all work for your subsonic 300BLK and .22 and they come apart for end user serviceability. We also sell over 60 different base and booster mounts so they can be used on a variety of different rifle and pistol hosts.

Thompson Machine

Top Bottom