• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My last one took over a year. I have three pending right now, a Form1 SBR and a Form4 Suppressor, both individual, paper forms that went pending the same day (October 17), plus a Form 1 SBR that was just sent in last month. I expect the first two to be approved any day now based on the current NFA Tracker numbers

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The asa posted on Facebook that times for suppressors dropping, and getting quicker, but individual form 4’s are getting approved in 5 months

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    F4 trusts are not at 12+ months. They're around 240 days from check cashed to approved. The few that are hanging around 12 months are more than likely because of errors.

Using my trust I've been waiting since May last year and I filed as a trust, and I'm the only responsible person on it. Also waiting since October on another and mailing off another in a couple days.

A friend of mine had a 15 or 16 month wait and he filed as an individual, got his stamp back about 2 months ago

His form had 0 errors, and I know mine doesn't either, it's just luck of the draw

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I'm thinking of a .308 suppressor.
    But I probably should shoot my .22 and .45 suppressor first.

Maybe this week, if I can get the Christmas lights down first.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    To make boom boom sound more like pew pew...

In all seriousness though it has the same purpose on a handgun that it has on a long gun or shotgun, reduce the decibel level of the report.

Haha yes agreed Areoflyer09. I've been wondering if it's for reduced noise exposure to the shooter or other shooters at the range line? Reduced noise so it does not spook game in the woods? Etc.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Haha yes agreed Areoflyer09. I've been wondering if it's for reduced noise exposure to the shooter or other shooters at the range line? Reduced noise so it does not spook game in the woods? Etc.

When mine gets out of jail it’s primary use will be when shooting with family. My sister and one of her boys both enjoy shooting but are sensitive to the noise. I’m quite excited to be able to shoot with my nephew without needing maximum ear protection.

Top Bottom