Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've never shot one so I can't comment there but from what I saw they have some new stuff going out and all of these cans are going out the door. I've seen a lot of people giving them high praise. I honestly considered grabbing one with it being the cost of a 22 can and all. I've got too many other irons in the fire right now though to be buying even more cans.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So I wonder what's up with OSS that made the price drop through the floor?

https://www.botach.com/oss-helix-ifm6-multi-caliber-suppressors-systems-w-free-compensator/

I've seen these online and on youtube but never tried one myself. Is this worth the 7 month wait?

[edit - found more OSS models with a huge price drop]

https://www.botach.com/oss-bpr-srm-suppressor-systems-gen-5-full-auto-rated/
    https://www.botach.com/oss-operators-suppressor-systems-elite-full-auto-rated-suppressors/

Any legitimate sites selling them at the discounted price?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There have been some others Chez, I know a guy who picked one up and I can't remember from where. I hit up the google machine and I'm seeing them for about $100-150 more than botach has them listed but they are selling cheaper elsewhere too.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I have been told it is unwise to do business with botach.

OSS significantly reducing back pressure and bringing the suppressor back over the barrel is a cool design.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Botach often says "in stock" on their website and charges your card while you wait for the item to actually be "in stock". It's one reason I have not bought much of anything from them. They tempted me with that recent FDE translucent Lancer mag package deal though. I'd rather deal with Palmetto State's known ~14 day shipping delays.

I was hoping someone on INGO would have 1st hand knowledge of the OSS suppressors.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Botach often says "in stock" on their website and charges your card while you wait for the item to actually be "in stock". It's one reason I have not bought much of anything from them. They tempted me with that recent FDE translucent Lancer mag package deal though. I'd rather deal with Palmetto State's known ~14 day shipping delays.

I was hoping someone on INGO would have 1st hand knowledge of the OSS suppressors.
    I saw them on a couple of sights under $600, but don't think they were listed as in stock.

I also wish someone had some experience with them

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    MAC has a video on the OSS Helix you may watch. I know he seems to be a fan of OSS as well and their lack of blowback especially.
    [video=youtube;1uroNmDS6wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uroNmDS6wk[/video]

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A few things worry me enough that I'm hesitant to buy one.

1. They are a relatively unknown company compared to others. Will they be around long enough to support their product?
    2. Their military tests were horrible. Granted, any product can have catastrophic failure, but it leads me back to the first point.

I want another 30 caliber suppressor, and their price is very tempting, but I'm still not sure.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Botach has always been g2g for me.

Same here but YMMV. I used free shipping on a order a few weeks ago and it took 10 days to make from AZ to IN via 'FedEx Ground' which turned out to be the USPS. I got it, free shipping but holy moly.

These prices make it very temping to take the NFA plunge.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Botach often says "in stock" on their website and charges your card while you wait for the item to actually be "in stock". It's one reason I have not bought much of anything from them.

Bingo. I had a pile of M&P mags ordered right before Newtown. Got backorder notification immediate after and the charge stayed on my card for almost a year. I got the “back in stock” (at higher price) email along with the “your order has been canceled” email at the same time and my refund was finally issued.

It happens often enough for “you got botached” to not usually require further explanation.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Loud loud loud, and look at it compared to the surefire rc can, save your money and buy a dead air can instead

False. Have you shot one? I own one. (Gen 1)
    This is my son shooting one at Indy Trading Post (a very small range).

Tavor with no muzzle device:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aot1KbgqZ2qgkMNO6USyRt5Mkv5z6Q

Tavor with OSS silencer:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aot1KbgqZ2qgkMNPphtiwNuED6FVRw

They work great. If you have a short stock or a bullpup...virtually no blowback in your face.
    I would buy again in a heartbeat if I had the budget for it...other priorities.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom