• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    For the NFA experts out there, I hope this isn't a really dumb question, but if someone in Indiana with a machinegun on a Form 4 wants to trade for an out of state MG on a Form 4, what is the recommended (lawful) procedure to do this? Write up a contract, simultaneously execute the transfer on their respective forms and send the MGs to Class 3 dealers in the receiving states to await approval from ATF? Something else?

Anyone here ever done such a trade?

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    I have done (3) in the last year. I normally write up an agreement. If it is out of state and not a C&R weapon and you don't have a C&R if would have to go to an SOT in Indiana anyway. (Individual ouf of state to an Indiana SOT have been taking about 6-7 weeks). Of course past timelines are no assurance of future timelines. What cool new item are you looking at?

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the response! I have a converted M1 carbine (Rock Island Armory registered receiver) that I hope I can work into a deal for an FNC sear. I could of course sell outright, and then maybe find and buy a sear. But I'm hoping there's a sear owner out there who would value getting a functioning MG in exchange for his little piece of metal (his very expensive little piece of metal, that is), since FNCs are pretty scarce. We shall see.

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    Curtis Higgins with S&H used to be the man on these. I have a Ruger 77/44 suppressed he did and of course my MP5SD SBR he did on a HK94. Still does great work. He might have a few tucked back. The M2 is a blast to shoot as well. It is a favorite of my wife when we get ours out. Never had somebody shoot it that did not enjoy it.

Top Bottom