• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Ugh if this were to happen. Glad I got my "wants" out earlier. Looks like I might pick up a few cans "just because" and to be safer than sorry.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a $500 tax stamp if, AND ONLY IF, it would remove the ridiculous waiting period.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Now, just for discussion sake, let's say this goes through. How long would it be before these changes would take effect. Since I know it wouldn't remove the wait, I also know I've got a few more suppressors to buy.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I really doubt this will go anywhere, as of today its an hr bill only, and will still need to be introduced and passed by the senate (not to mention it has to be passed by the house too), as of today, it has 12 co sponsors in the house, all damocrats and not even 1 republican

to put it in perspective the hpa has 164 co sponsors in the house and has been languishing for a year.

now if (and its a big IF) it were to pass, the fact that its tied to inflation is the scary part.....just an fyi, in 1934 when the nfa was passed, the tax was 200.00 and 200 dollars in todays inflation rate would =3300.00

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How about removing the tax and paperwork because the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed?

More letter writing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Remove the Hughs amendment, I would trade $500 stamps for that. The government would make money like crazy.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We all know that of you raise it to $500, criminals won’t want to spend that kind of cash, or deal with the wait time, and therefore they’ll stop breaking the law!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This has been brought up already.. It's the same bill that would increase the tax on guns 20% I believe and ammo 50%.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Another interesting compromise would be $500 tax stamp and another NFA amnesty. This would be a big revenue raiser for Uncle Sam, but also allow fixing of the lousy record keeping in the transferables registry. And maybe most important, a massive infusion of new transferable MGs as war bring backs and other goodies suddenly turn up in attics nationwide, thus pushing prices down for a time.

Which is why we'll never see it happen.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I find it interesting that some think a $500 tax stamp would be okay if only machine guns were effected (silencers, SBRs, SBSs, AOW, etc. were not NFA regulated). Kinda craps on the people who want to buy machine guns

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bump it to $500.00, remove SBRs, SBSs & suppressors. I might stomach that.

Obviously, that trade would be a huge win for us.

I'm hoping to get into the NFA game within a few years, and an extra $300 per item would definitely make me reconsider my short term priorities... It doesn't mean I wouldn't do it, but I would not be able to justify an SBR. Maybe a suppressor (or 2) would still be possible...

Top Bottom