• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thinking about rounding out my can collection with a 45acp offering. What is the deal with the different pistons? I want a can that will be a lightweight alternative to my .30cal magnum can for a 300blk ar pistol. Seems like I can buy an endcap that adapts to 5/8x24, cool. So now when I install it on a semi auto pistol I have to remove that cap, insert a caliber specific piston(?) and install the proper threaded endcap(?) Do I need a separate piston for 45acp, 40sw, 357sig, and 9mm? Could get pricey...

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Piston are only needed for blowback slides. They are not caliber specific.
    Piston are not needed on gas operated platorms.
    Check out the silecerco octane. Change the end cap to the desired thread pitch, install piston or spacer.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Piston are only needed for blowback slides. They are not caliber specific.
    Piston are not needed on gas operated platorms.
    Check out the silecerco octane. Change the end cap to the desired thread pitch, install piston or spacer.

Ok, so I'm looking at a YHM Sidewinder 45. SilencerShop links to the pistons page and it shows about 8 different pistons with different threads, at 60 dollars a pop it could easily add another 200 dollars to cost. I wish I could look at the user manuals before buying.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This why you try to consolidate your hosts to as few of different thread pitches as possible. All my 9's are 1/2x28 or 3 lug. Not 1/2x36 and 13.5x1. Too much $$ invested in pistons. My 45's are either .578x28 or Hk pitch. That has me only being invested in 3 pistons and a 3 lug module for one manufacturer of suppressor to use on multiple hosts

Top Bottom