• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive got my paperwork for a form 4 suppressor, I'm purchasing it from the estate of a friend who passed, the lawyer for the estate has given me the form filled out(2 copies), Ive filled out my portion, and made a copy for my local police department, ive got my photos, and fingerprints, I need my 200 for the tax, and then just send it off and play the waiting game

but heres my question, the copies he gave me were 1 sided not front and back, I called the atf nfa branch, and the person who answered the phone said that "that shouldn't be a problem".

and then I googled "can atf paperwork be 1 sided" and got this
    https://johnpierceesq.com/you-no-longer-need-to-print-atf-form-1s-and-form-4s-double-sided/

I have sent an email to the atf (Wednesday 3.21.18) but they haven't responded yet, with paperwork taking 6 months, I don't want to delay it any longer

has anybody submitted paperwork 1 side only?

and whats the best way to pay the 200.00?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Pay the $200 with a check, that way you can see when it is cashed.

If you are worried, why not just copy the one sided to double sided?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm worried that they would reject the paperwork if they notice its a copy

ok check gotcha!

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    The ATF is very good at sending paperwork back with issues. Also, I have had form 2's come back for different reasons that I know have been approved before with the same data. I think sometimes you get one answer on the phone, then someone else processes the form and they have a different idea of what is "right". Regardless, if there is a problem, it shouldn't really slow the process that much. When you fix a form and send it back, my experience is that you don't start over in the wait. Anything I have sent back, usually gets processed in a couple of weeks.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyway to delay you from getting your hands on one of them deadly suppressors the left keeps touting.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Make sure the forms he gave you are the most current forms. At the bottom they should say ATF copy 1, ATF copy 2, Cleo copy. If you don't have all of those then they probably filled out older forms and they will be denied

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Odds are that single sided forms will get kicked back to you to correct. At least you'll know when you're inside of ~2 weeks of getting your can though. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom