Anyone try 300BLK through a SiCo Osprey?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    BLUF: Has any one shot 300BLK through an Osprey?

I have a SilencerCo Osprey45 that I have used with my P220 and my USP45.
    I noticed last night when looking at the specs again (don't ask why) that the Osprey cans are rated to handle Subsonic 300BLK.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They seem effective based on the youtube videos of them being used on 300blk subs. I'm hoping my YHM Sidewinder 45 will be as effective on my 300blk ar pistol. The pistol suppressors are much lighter than my 30 cal suppressor that can handle "anything that will fit through it" so the manufacturer tells me.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have shot 300blk through my Osprey 45. It's effective, no doubt, but it's not as effective as my Isis2.

Thanks VUPDblue, that is really what I wanted to know.
    I'm in the process of building a dedicated .30 cal can now, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks VUPDblue, that is really what I wanted to know.
    I'm in the process of building a dedicated .30 cal can now, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

I was on the fence about a .300blk for a looooooong time but I finally pulled the trigger on one when I got my Isis2. I'm glad I didn't get one earlier, but I couldn't be happier to have it now. The Isis makes it absolutely stupid quiet with 220gr subsonics. I put a heavy JP Captured recoil spring in it, the heaviest that would run the gun, so that the dwell time is longer, forcing more gas out the front and not vice-versa, and to get rid of the "sproing" noise. Dude. It's maybe the second quietest setup that I have, after suppressed .22lr bolt guns. :faint: This is a 10.5" SBR too....

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I was on the fence about a .300blk for a looooooong time but I finally pulled the trigger on one when I got my Isis2. I'm glad I didn't get one earlier, but I couldn't be happier to have it now. The Isis makes it absolutely stupid quiet with 220gr subsonics. I put a heavy JP Captured recoil spring in it, the heaviest that would run the gun, so that the dwell time is longer, forcing more gas out the front and not vice-versa, and to get rid of the "sproing" noise. Dude. It's maybe the second quietest setup that I have, after suppressed .22lr bolt guns. :faint: This is a 10.5" SBR too....

...delayed reaction by me...too much travel for work.

Thanks for the insight. The can I am building will start off it's life on a bolt action .330 BLK. I am hoping for "stupid quiet" as well.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It sounds about like most other pistol can with 300blk. It'll work but can of course be better, hearing safe for sure though.

Best thing I've heard for 300blk to date are the Q cans both short and long. They are the real deal!

Solscud007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    I only have pistol cans. I shoot my .300blk pump action AR with my Osprey 45. It is ridiculouly quiet with subs. Not some subs The black hills sub sonic 220 gr sounded border line super sonic out of a 16" barrel. But the Sig sauer 220gr sub sonic was super quiet. Click . . . Ding on steel out to 200 yards. All day long.

Top Bottom