• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I just went to the Shoot Point Blank Carmel location to test out a new AR I built. While I was paying for the lane, I brought out a copy of my stamp for the machine gun I also brought to shoot. I was informed that it is no longer required to do that. I'm not sure if that's just the Carmel location or if that's a company wide change in policy.

Either way, I support that change. It's never bothered me a whole lot showing the stamps, but it's really unnecessary. As tax documents, they have no need to see them and incur no liability on themselves if someone brings in a gun that isn't properly stamped.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Probably never had a case where someone was dumb enough to bring an SBR/MG they didn't have a stamp for... or got tired of doing the .gov's work.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I just went to the Shoot Point Blank Carmel location to test out a new AR I built. While I was paying for the lane, I brought out a copy of my stamp for the machine gun I also brought to shoot. I was informed that it is no longer required to do that. I'm not sure if that's just the Carmel location or if that's a company wide change in policy.

Either way, I support that change. It's never bothered me a whole lot showing the stamps, but it's really unnecessary. As tax documents, they have no need to see them and incur no liability on themselves if someone brings in a gun that isn't properly stamped.

I know a certain Mod that will find this thread interesting....

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Never been, never will.

I won't go to a car wash that demands to see my truck registration either. We've got to have standards, even if they aren't very high.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

It's not like Ranges don't know fires are a good possibility so why don't they take more meticulous measures to assure safer operation?
    Surely a maintenance routine would be invaluable to the continued operation of these businesses.
    I wouldn't go as far as to compare "negligence to accident" as in other scenarios but I do believe someone in charge needs to make this a priority.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Corporate decided a few months ago that asking for NFA papers was no longer required.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    At the Carmel Point Blank, an employee told me he could have confiscated my suppressor and call the police if I didn’t have paper work for him when I refused (obviously, this is completely false). I simply asked him if he needed me to leave and he said no. I spoke with the area manager of point blank, who apologized and took my name and address to send me free range passes. I never received anything. Never returned.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At the Carmel Point Blank, an employee told me he could have confiscated my suppressor and call the police if I didn’t have paper work for him when I refused (obviously, this is completely false). I simply asked him if he needed me to leave and he said no. I spoke with the area manager of point blank, who apologized and took my name and address to send me free range passes. I never received anything. Never returned.
    Wow. I dont think I would have handled it so well if some little **** did that to me. That would be a relationship ender for me. Like i would never ever even grace their doors again.
    I'll follow rules but short of me causing physical harm to someone by doing something very unsafe, if someone ever threatens to take my property, especialy an NFA item it will not go well.
    I've NEVER been treated bad at the one in greenwood.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Wow. I dont think I would have handled it so well if some little **** did that to me. That would be a relationship ender for me. Like i would never ever even grace their doors again.
    I'll follow rules but short of me causing physical harm to someone by doing something very unsafe, if someone ever threatens to take my property, especialy an NFA item it will not go well.
    I've NEVER been treated bad at the one in greenwood.

The area managers appology was genuine and he could not believe what I was told. They would still have my business if I received the free range passes I was told would be mailed to me. Oh well, that was at least 2 years ago. Never been back since.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The area managers appology was genuine and he could not believe what I was told. They would still have my business if I received the free range passes I was told would be mailed to me. Oh well, that was at least 2 years ago. Never been back since.
    Cant blame you. Back when they had asked members of ingo fkr their stamps, I was never going to even give them a try. I'm glad I did. I was never asked for my stamp there. I think once someone jokingly said "you have a stamp for that right?" But he wasnt asking to see it. I said actually I have 2 for it:)
    if beech grove firearms range ever opens back up I'll give them my sole business. But as of now it isnt an option for shooting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They do allow full auto at the Carmel location.

Really? I go to that location, but never knew that. Granted FA aren't exactly common. If I heard someone shooting FA at the range I would, honestly, leave. I'm taking enough risk being around people I don't know with SA, who can barely control recoil. No way, I'm going to be around someone shooting FA shooting that close to me. IMO, it should at the very least be outdoors, and preferably at a private range.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Really? I go to that location, but never knew that. Granted FA aren't exactly common. If I heard someone shooting FA at the range I would, honestly, leave. I'm taking enough risk being around people I don't know with SA, who can barely control recoil. No way, I'm going to be around someone shooting FA shooting that close to me. IMO, it should at the very least be outdoors, and preferably at a private range.

Whelp, I guess that means we'll never get to hang out at the range. Pretty much every time I'm there, I'm at least shooting one of my MP5s. I don't always bring one of my rifle caliber hosts or my M16 unless I'm doing functionality testing on something (either a new host, new ammo, mags, etc) or I'm bringing a guest to the range who would get a kick out of it. It definitely opened a few eyes in surprise when I was testing the work done on my HK21 beltfed there (but that gun isn't really fun to shoot indoors, so that was just a pure functionality tests). I can't always do an hour and 20 minutes drive (each way) out to ProTEQ just to test something.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whelp, I guess that means we'll never get to hang out at the range. Pretty much every time I'm there, I'm at least shooting one of my MP5s. I don't always bring one of my rifle caliber hosts or my M16 unless I'm doing functionality testing on something (either a new host, new ammo, mags, etc) or I'm bringing a guest to the range who would get a kick out of it. It definitely opened a few eyes in surprise when I was testing the work done on my HK21 beltfed there (but that gun isn't really fun to shoot indoors, so that was just a pure functionality tests). I can't always do an hour and 20 minutes drive (each way) out to ProTEQ just to test something.

Well, if I hear a person shooting FA and they have MP5, I'll stop on over and ask "I heard you killed Grendel" if the person looks at me crazy, then I'll just awkwardly smile and leave.

Top Bottom