• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    I am considering converting my sig virtus pistol into a sbr. I know I have to file the atf form 1. My question is about engraving, I have heard that if you do not intend to sale you do not have to engrave. Is this true or false? Thanks

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    /end thread

You are the manufacturer. The manufacturer must have there name on the receiver.

Not entirely true. You are the "Maker". The manufacturer is the company that manufactured the lower. You "made" it into an SBR therefore you are the "Maker". Regardless the info must be engraved for it to be legal.

Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    Thanks for the information, I thought engraving was a requirement. There is a article I read that said you didn't need to engrave if you didn't intend to sale. That article needs corrected before it gets someone in trouble.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There is a way to not engrave. I've posted this info before directly from the ATF website. You get a variance letter. It'll take me a while to find the info again...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the information, I thought engraving was a requirement. There is a article I read that said you didn't need to engrave if you didn't intend to sale. That article needs corrected before it gets someone in trouble.

I will bet that the article was either referencing a home built gun (title 1) or was mistaking the rules for a home built gun for a home built NFA item on a Form 1.

Top Bottom