• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I’m new to the Mac game. Can anyone tell me the difference between a first gen lage upper and a second generation? I found some for sale and they are described as first generation. I tried asking the seller and have not gotten any response. Is it worth pursuing or are the second generation uppers better? Thanks!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So, back when I had an M10/45, I picked up a Lage upper for it (Max10) to go with my AMP10 upper. At the time, they were rolling out the MK2 uppers, but still have MK1s in stock. I asked about the difference and this what I was told (keep in mind this is in reference to the MAX10/45, the rate of fire and weight will be different for the MAX11 upper).

1. Mk1 is welded steel. Mk2 is machined billet aluminum. This means that the steel one will be heavier by nearly 2 pounds. Steel is far easier to repair non-cosmetic damage. The Mk2 will be more difficult to damage, but extremely challenging to repair. Scratches on the anodize are easy repairs. Aluminum and steel take different finishes. If you have your mind set on a finish for your upper and lower, the steel upper might be the only way to get your preferred look.

2. The Mk2 has been improved with a greater tolerance for varying ammunitions. The Mk1 was, oh how to phrase it... a bit testy with ammo. We've resolved this problem with the Mk2. It is more compatible with what you may load into it.

3. The rate of fire is different. The Original Mk1 was slowed to 600rpm standard. Due to overwhelming customer input and a high percentage of "speed bolts" sold, we've made the Mk2 750 rpm. The Mk1 CAN be upgraded to a faster bolt that fires approximately 800 rpm. The Mk2 is 750 rpm period.

I can't think of any other differences that would affect someone on a strictly-user level. Barrel changes are a bit more complex on the Mk2, but pretty easy (and outlined in the manual). Anyway, if you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail be back.

I ended up waiting for the MK2.

Top Bottom