Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 300 win mag?

Stay Picky my Friends

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Same thing I asked and really heavy bullets don't make much sense either. I would imagine the physical size of the can would have to be pretty big.
    yep. I'd like one for my gun because they do offer similar benefits as muzzle breaks, and it'll change the sound a little bit but you'll still have the sonic crack.

The Suppressor by Rugged is 9" long and 1.5" diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I've banned a couple of people while in church.

User Info Menu

My 30cal can is rated "for anything that will fit through the hole" according to the manufacturer. Seems to me that everyone in the precision rifle competitions are running cans on everything. The sonic crack of a 30cal projectile is not bad compared to the muzzle blast that is defeated by the can. I don't know why everyone thinks that the baby sonic boom negates the purpose of a can The sonic boom is not the part of shooting that is harmful to your ears. It's sound and pressure waves are moving away from you very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pOq5pTi64

User Info Menu

Running 190gr - 220gr through my winmag all super sonic. My can is 7.8" long and 1.6" in diameter. I could care less about the sonic crack down range. All the benefit of shooting with a can is at the muzzle. Reduced concussion, reduced flash, reduced sound and reduced recoil.... makes shooting a lot more enjoyable again now that my ears and shoulders are getting older. Precision rifle guys don't use cans for noise reduction, we use it for everything else.
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

My SAS .30 cal can is rated for ‘anything .30 cal or smaller diameter ‘ according to Tim, the manufacturer. I shoot suppressed .308 all day long with little affect in me due to lessened recoultand muzzle blast.
    This space for rent. I doubt you'll like the rates...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
    My SAS .30 cal can is rated for ‘anything .30 cal or smaller diameter ‘ according to Tim, the manufacturer. I shoot suppressed .308 all day long with little affect in me due to lessened recoultand muzzle blast.
    It is a confidence builder when the manufacturer bluntly tells you that your can will handle anything that will fit through it. Admittedly tho my 30caliber can is on the heavy side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2