• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was asked at work today if it was possible to suppress a 300 Winchester mag, while I've never seen this I suppose you could suppress anything with a large enough can. Anybody shooting one of these?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was asked at work today if it was possible to suppress a 300 Winchester mag, while I've never seen this I suppose you could suppress anything with a large enough can. Anybody shooting one of these?

shoot one through a suppressor? Yes. Shoot it subsonic... uhh, I guess but why bother with a 300 win mag? Seems kind of pointless for that choice of caliber to be subsonic. However just through a suppressor still gives you lots of advantages. I'd like to get one for mine one day :thumbsup:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    shoot one through a suppressor? Yes. Shoot it subsonic... uhh, I guess but why bother with a 300 win mag? Seems kind of pointless for that choice of caliber to be subsonic. However just through a suppressor still gives you lots of advantages. I'd like to get one for mine one day :thumbsup:

Same thing I asked and really heavy bullets don't make much sense either. I would imagine the physical size of the can would have to be pretty big.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Same thing I asked and really heavy bullets don't make much sense either. I would imagine the physical size of the can would have to be pretty big.

yep. I'd like one for my gun because they do offer similar benefits as muzzle breaks, and it'll change the sound a little bit but you'll still have the sonic crack.

The Suppressor by Rugged is 9" long and 1.5" diameter.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My 30cal can is rated "for anything that will fit through the hole" according to the manufacturer. Seems to me that everyone in the precision rifle competitions are running cans on everything. The sonic crack of a 30cal projectile is not bad compared to the muzzle blast that is defeated by the can. I don't know why everyone thinks that the baby sonic boom negates the purpose of a can :dunno: The sonic boom is not the part of shooting that is harmful to your ears. It's sound and pressure waves are moving away from you very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pOq5pTi64

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Running 190gr - 220gr through my winmag all super sonic. My can is 7.8" long and 1.6" in diameter. I could care less about the sonic crack down range. All the benefit of shooting with a can is at the muzzle. Reduced concussion, reduced flash, reduced sound and reduced recoil.... makes shooting a lot more enjoyable again now that my ears and shoulders are getting older. Precision rifle guys don't use cans for noise reduction, we use it for everything else.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    My SAS .30 cal can is rated for ‘anything .30 cal or smaller diameter ‘ according to Tim, the manufacturer. I shoot suppressed .308 all day long with little affect in me due to lessened recoultand muzzle blast.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My SAS .30 cal can is rated for ‘anything .30 cal or smaller diameter ‘ according to Tim, the manufacturer. I shoot suppressed .308 all day long with little affect in me due to lessened recoultand muzzle blast.

It is a confidence builder when the manufacturer bluntly tells you that your can will handle anything that will fit through it. :D Admittedly tho my 30caliber can is on the heavy side.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    It is a confidence builder when the manufacturer bluntly tells you that your can will handle anything that will fit through it. :D Admittedly tho my 30caliber can is on the heavy side.

As is my SAS can. I still like it a lot, but I wish I’d have saved a little more and got the titanium model.

Tim said, shoot whatever you want through it, if it gets messed up, I’ll fix it! I was asking him about full auto 5.56 through it at the time.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was slow to get to this thread as it's been awhile since I've been on but wanted to comment. TT got right to it with the Dead Air Sandman L I've shot it on 300WM and it was very comfortable to the ear. I'm sure there are others cans out there for it but it would be one of my top choices. It will take the boom out of it in a way that surprises people I think.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was slow to get to this thread as it's been awhile since I've been on but wanted to comment. TT got right to it with the Dead Air Sandman L I've shot it on 300WM and it was very comfortable to the ear. I'm sure there are others cans out there for it but it would be one of my top choices. It will take the boom out of it in a way that surprises people I think.
    I love mine and it is an amazing tone. Deffinately tames 300 win mag like nothing else I've shot.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I love mine and it is an amazing tone. Deffinately tames 300 win mag like nothing else I've shot.

Agreed. Don't you have a couple other dead air cans or at least one? I've got the S and the K as well a few of their others. I will end up with the L eventually since I'm using their mounts even on my silencerco stuff now. Just have to quit buying so many other cans!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom