• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I have a proper 30 Cal can for a 300 blackout SBR.

I've found my 45 can is my least used can and am considering building a 300 Blackout AR as a host for the 45 can to use subs only.

Anyone been down this road?

My favorite pistol can is the 22 next the 30 cal. I just rarely shoot the center fire pistol can so thought it may get more use on an AR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have a proper 30 Cal can for a 300 blackout SBR.

I've found my 45 can is my least used can and am considering building a 300 Blackout AR as a host for the 45 can to use subs only.

Anyone been down this road?

My favorite pistol can is the 22 next the 30 cal. I just rarely shoot the center fire pistol can so thought it may get more use on an AR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

When I still had a .300 BLK pistol, I shot it quite a bit with my SilencerCo Osprey 45 and my Coastal Guns MIMS .45 suppressors (with subsonic ammo). Both did just fine and were extremely quiet.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm no expert by any means, but if you were to do that, I think you would have to modify the .45 can, your .45 acp can will have a lid/booster or some device to "boost" the recoil so it will function your pistol correctly, and I thought I read somewhere that using a booster on a fixed barrel gun (your ar15) can damage the booster and possibly the suppressor itself.

I've read about some companies making direct thread adapters for this purpose, also it should be louder than a dedicated .30 caliber can first due to the .45 vs .30 opening in the end of the can, but also due to length and design of a dedicated pistol vs rifle suppressor, most rifle suppressors i've seen are longer than pistol suppressors, and I'm sure part of its due to sound suppression, but i'd think also its for the higher pressure and heat that rifles generate.

again I'm no expert, and i'd find out from a professional or even contact the manufacturer of your suppressor.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I’ve shot my 9mm Isis-2 on my .300 blk SBR. It is rated for subs and it does a pretty good job of quieting it down. My SAS.30 cal can is probably a little quieter, but it’s also quite a bit heavier.

Solscud007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    I use my Osprey 45 for everything. I don't own a centerfire rifle can so I only use it on pistol caliber stuff and my .300 blk pump action rifle by Troy. It is comically quiet with subs.

Top Bottom