• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey all,

Since I have pretty well decided on buying my first can, I was wondering who/what you guys recommend as far as forming a trust. The single shot unlimited seems like a pretty smart way to do it, but I have also looked at just using SilencerShop’s traditional trust as well as guntrustguru.com. I’ve seen that site pop up a lot in my research. I would probably have my wife, Dad, and best friend as trustees. I could have them all fingerprinted and whatnot, but it does seem like a bit of a pain to do so. Having said that, I also like the simplicity of a single trust.

Pros and cons?

For the record, I plan on having at least a couple suppressors and one or two SBRs in the next few years, if that leans me toward anything.

thanks in advance!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Local guy, can answer questions when you have them and also represent you if it comes under any scrutiny.

This would be the advantage of any local lawyer though. I think he has some extra perks too, but you'd want to at least call him to see what all he includes with his trusts.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I went with Marc too. He's a gun guy, when I talked with him I bet we spent 45 minutes talking about guns and then 10 minutes on the trust and he had it all set up quickly for me. Pretty painless. I've been saying it for awhile but I need to have him do an amendment for me to add the wife and just haven't.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I went with Marc and am more than happy. I read soooooo many posts on the various forums with trust questions. Ummm, call the guy that made it. Whooops you can't do that with most online trusts or one of those cheapies. I've called Marc a couple of times and emailed him a couple of times with questions. He answered my questions for free as support was included with the trust. Yes it costs a little more but it is well worth the difference.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Ended up calling Marc and going with him. Figured for the price difference, it’s worth it when this trust will last the rest of my life.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom