• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know about a silencer shoot that will be June 30th. It's being held by Terre Haute Guns at Lost Creek Conservation Club on the East side of town. The purpose is more so educational than a bring all of your stuff and we will shoot all day kind of event. The purpose is to give access to silencers and suppressed shooting for people who maybe don't have much exposure or chance of exposure to them. However if you are a silencer nut feel free to come out and see us we'd love to see you, meet you etc. There are always people saying that they would like to hear them or shoot one etc. but don't know anyone who has one and this is their opportunity. If there is future interest there may be a fun shoot with them where people can bring what they like and hang all day/ I know several of us here have talked about organizing one and I've honestly just been a bit too busy.

Details on the shoot

Saturday June 30th 10am-1pm at Lost Creek Conservation Club East of Terre Haute. Show up any time in those three hours, just know we are planning on wrapping up about 1pm.

You must be registered beforehand to shoot that day but anyone may attend and observe. If there is demand we will give an overview and demo at 11 and noon.

The cost to shoot is $10 however, on the day of the shoot you will receive a $10 credit towards the purchase of any silencer or silencer accessory (threaded barrel, muzzle device, piston, etc.) should you choose to make one at a later date.

There will be several firearms available in calibers such as 22lr, 9mm, 223, 308, 300blk and you will be able to shoot five of your choice.

We will not be selling anything on site, we will only be there so people can get their hands on a few different things and try them out to see what it's like to shoot suppressed in a variety of different ways. We will also be available to answer any questions talk about the process, bust some myths, and talk to you about anything that may come up as well as provide some "literature" to you about the NFA process and selecting a good silencer to meet your needs.

To sign up head to Terre Haute Guns 2018 Suppressor Shoot Registration or you can sign up in the shop. If you wish to shoot and not observe you must be registered by the 29th of June.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Any information on which manufacturers of suppressors will be represented at this shoot?

I'll check and let you know. I know of some manufactures but can't say yet what exact can. I'll try and firm that up with the bossman and let you know. However, I know there will be stuff from SilencerCo, Dead Air, Q, Surefire, and I'm pretty sure Rugged. I can post a list closer to time as far as what cans such as Dead Air Mask, Q half nelson, etc.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Will we be able to shoot what we bring as well? I have a CZ75b with threaded barrel.

I would love to make it out and that is a long drive from Charlestown to just show up and shoot for a few minutes.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Will we be able to shoot what we bring as well? I have a CZ75b with threaded barrel.

I would love to make it out and that is a long drive from Charlestown to just show up and shoot for a few minutes.

I don't see why it would be a problem to bring your own pistol to shoot on. However, if you are looking to hangout and shoot all day or spend a bit of time it may not be worth the drive to be honest. This is the first one we've done and are more so just trying to give people access to them than having an open shoot. The way we set it up with the club we are supposed to keep a firing line etc. and be in control of what's present. However, we are planning on having an open shoot that would be something like what we are doing this time followed by a time for people to shoot their personal stuff and everyone can check out other peoples stuff then even. We would like to do it in the fall or spring and I'll post to invite everyone and that'll be what you'll want to come to! Charlestown is a good drive for a short time of shooting and such.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got a list of what we will have tomorrow for those of you who are interested in no particular order.

Silencers:
    SilencerCo Omega
    Dead Air Ghost
    SilencerCo Omega 9k
    Rugged Suppressors Obsidian 45
    Dead Air Sandman S
    Dead Air Sandman K
    Q Half Nelson
    Q Full Nelson
    Dead Air Mask
    Surefire Ryder
    SilencerCo Maxim 9
    SilencerCo Salvo
    Sig Sauer SRD22X
    SilencerCo Hybrid

Hosts:
    12 gauge Benelli
    AR-15 223
    Krink 5.45x39
    AR-15 300blk
    AAC H&R handi-rifle 300blk
    Sig Sauer MPX
    308 bolt gun
    SilencerCo Maxim 9
    Glock 17
    Glock 30 & 21
    Ruger 10-22
    Ruger 22/45

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Sounds like a really nice event. I ended up going to a range down here to shoot. It cost me a bit more, but I saved on gas and time for sure. Thanks for the follow up!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Sounds like a really nice event. I ended up going to a range down here to shoot. It cost me a bit more, but I saved on gas and time for sure. Thanks for the follow up!

No problem! Being the first shoot we were a little iffy, but I talked to the boss and it sounds like the next one may just be an open shoot. I'm sure I'll post about that once there is a date set.

Top Bottom