• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    I understand no one here is a lawyer, except Guy and maybe a few others, but trying to settle a hypothetical argument at work. Not saying this is a good or bad practice.

Is there anything in Indiana law that prohibits having a loaded SBR in a vehicle? I always transport mine unloaded so have so idea.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Pretty much all SBR's are "handguns" for Indiana law purposes so a LTCH is usually required to drive around with loaded/uncased etc. Other than that, I don't know of any statutory prohibition.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No problem, just keep the LTCH in mind:

IC 35-47-1-6"Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1)hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:

(A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I understand no one here is a lawyer, except Guy and maybe a few others, but trying to settle a hypothetical argument at work. Not saying this is a good or bad practice.

Is there anything in Indiana law that prohibits having a loaded SBR in a vehicle? I always transport mine unloaded so have so idea.

1. There are many lawyers here.

2. Is there an argument or not?

3. Rolling with an SBR may or may not be a good idea. Threshold question: Are Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg in the car with you?

If you hear the response, "I can't fade that", then stop the car and leave . . . take your SBR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3rZjJB1hY

4. There are many things in Indiana law that could prohibit you from having an SBR in your car. Let's list them, because this is what I do for fun until the card game starts:

A You are a prohibited person--felon, domestic violence, protective order, on probation for what have you, inter alia.
    B. You are realize that SBR are silly hipster guns and then you feel bad and go get a Title I weapon.
    C. You are jacklighting deer.
    D. You measure your SBR or otherwise discover (did not come with a stock because it is so hip) that it is soooo silly that it is a handgun under Indiana and you are without a Larry.
    E. You are cruising school property or other prohibited property.

So, what is your SBR and why are we riding around with it?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    B.) Proof, that having the most education doesn't make you the smartest guy in the room. Daddy's money can't buy civility. It's one of them? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    1. There are many lawyers here.

2. Is there an argument or not?

3. Rolling with an SBR may or may not be a good idea. Threshold question: Are Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg in the car with you?

If you hear the response, "I can't fade that", then stop the car and leave . . . take your SBR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3rZjJB1hY

4. There are many things in Indiana law that could prohibit you from having an SBR in your car. Let's list them, because this is what I do for fun until the card game starts:

A You are a prohibited person--felon, domestic violence, protective order, on probation for what have you, inter alia.
    B. You are realize that SBR are silly hipster guns and then you feel bad and go get a Title I weapon.
    C. You are jacklighting deer.
    D. You measure your SBR or otherwise discover (did not come with a stock because it is so hip) that it is soooo silly that it is a handgun under Indiana and you are without a Larry.
    E. You are cruising school property or other prohibited property.

So, what is your SBR and why are we riding around with it?

Nice try doddg. I've read most of Mr. Freeman's posts and he doesn't respond in this manner.

Top Bottom