• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    my first suppressor is in "atf jail", I've been asking people about their approval times, and I'm hearing 7-7.5 months (I mailed mine off at the beginning of april)

so today I go to http://www.nfatracker.com/ and low and behold...instate individual transfers are averaging 11 months! (I'm buying one from the estate of a friend)

this cant happen soon enough! https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/5/29/batfe-nfa-branch-set-to-shorten-paperwork-lag/

by the time my can clears, i'll have shot out the barrel of my ruger precision rimfire and need a new one!:xmad:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I just got my last stamp June 26 and took 194 days from date the check was cashed so roughly 6.4 months. That includes the time to mail it to the dealer. Not great but shorter than what I was originally expecting. This was a personal Form 4.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I know a guy who just got a stamp back today. Little under 7 months

It's the only way to get a can. Just hurry up and wait. No sense in complaing about it

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I am waiting on the stamp to arrive at the dealer. 10/20/17 approved on 7/2/18, 255 short days to approval using oldschool form paper prints and photo. My next one was received 1/16/18 and it was filed with a barcode but used paper prints and photo, my last suppressor was bought through silencer shop using a kiosk in april. We'll see if the kiosk really is what it is cracked up to be. I'm hoping the one from Jan. 18 clears before deer season, but i'm not holding my breath. All filed individual

Top Bottom