• ...and so much more!
  • nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Long time no post :D

I bought a Ruger 10/22 Tactical so that I could easily mount my Tactical Solutions Cascade suppressor to it. Grabbed the flash suppressor that came with it, unscrewed it. Screwed the suppressor right on, hand tight, easy peasy. Zeroed it in the other day with some subsonic ammo. :yesway: The suppressor didn't have any issues at all staying tight and it shot well, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

My question is this: Should I be using some sort of washer / brake / buffer device?

The reason I ask is because the LGS employee thought I needed an adapter with matching pitch on it for the suppressor. I'd hate to damage the suppressor over time.

Is some sort of adapter needed? Sure didn't seem like it - but then - I only fired a few low velocity rounds.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If it screwed on with no resistance, then you should have thread pitches that already match. 1/2x28 is the thread pitch of the ruger tactical according to their website, and is most likely the pitch of the suppressor. If you are still worried, you can unscrew the can and check the threads visually, if they are galled and ate up then you cross threaded, if they look the way they looked when you took off the flash suppressor from the factory then you are good to go.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    So, everything seems fine. Screws on and off just fine no cross-threading. Works very well! No adapter needed, take off the flash suppressor, screw on the suppressor. Easy peasy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If it's gonna see a LOT of use, put on a bit of graphite anti-seize on the threads before mounting the suppressor. Other than that, just periodically be sure it's snugged down hand tight.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Does the 10/22 run well on the subsonic ammo?

Preface: YMMV
    That said, my 10/22 Tactical Takedown with a SiCo Sparrow eats all CCI .22LR with no issues.

Keep in mind:
    The generally accepted threshold for subsonic ammo is ~1126fps. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsonic_ammunition)
    CCI "Standard Velocity" ammo is 1070fps.
    CCI "Sub-sonic" ammo is 1050fps.

My ears cannot tell any difference between the Standard Velocity CCI and the Subsonic CCI.
    CCI.jpg

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    If it's gonna see a LOT of use, put on a bit of graphite anti-seize on the threads before mounting the suppressor. Other than that, just periodically be sure it's snugged down hand tight.

TF, out of curiosity what brand of graphite anti-seize are you using?
    I have not been using any but this seems like a good idea based on my present experiences.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Don’t waste your money on “subsonic” branded ammo that is rated at 1070fps. I have yet to hear a difference between it and CCI standard velocity as well. The only time I hear a difference is she I use ammo rated in the 900s and 700s. That ammo wil not cycle a semi auto and the sound difference is not worth the extra money you pay

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have not been using any but this seems like a good idea based on my present experiences.

I honestly don't know the brand. It's like an 8oz tub I got in an automotive department somewhere. I don't even know if it was at an automotive parts store or a big box store.

Just a dab'll do ya. Seriously. Just a bit of that stuff will go a LONG way.

As far as standard velocity vs. sub-sonic ammo: At what barrel lengths are those FPS numbers given?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

Permatex antisieze lubricant. You can find it at just about any auto parts store, Walmart, etc...

Top Bottom