• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I recently picked up new NRA edition Ruger 22/45 lite. Now I'm ready to buy a supressor for it. I know pretty much all the steps to get it purchased and the tax stamp taken care of. My only issue is that I am building a house now and will be moved in in about 4 months, so my address will change from the time I apply for the tax stamp to the time it would be finished being processed.

Is this a big issue? Should I just wait until I am in my new house to fill out everything?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Fill out the form 4 now with current address. After the F4 is approved fill out a form 5320.20 and send to ATF. At least that's how it used to be

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There isn't really any obligation for the tax stamp and notifying of an address change at least in state you won't run into problems. The only reason I could see it being an issue is if it interfered with the background check. However, the form 4 is mailed to the deal from which you buy. A form 1 would be an issue but form 4 not so much.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    When you go to pick up the suppressor they will fill out a 4473 which will require current address on license to match the tax stamp address. Contacting the ATF would help you to change address part way through the process

Top Bottom