• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I have a Griffin Armerment Rev 9 can and well I freaking hate it on my pistol. Not sure if its the threaded barrel or just the way the can is on any handgun. I can maybe shoot about 3-5 9mm rounds and then need to tighten the can because it is walking off the end of the gun. I also hate the blow back that is hitting me in the face. I was just going to trade or sell the can but it seems like a hassle and since its under the old trust, I just assume keep it. Bad news, now I need another host that will be better. I was just going to go cheap and get the new Ruger but I might be leaning toward the CZ now. My question is I am looking at the one with the fake suppressor, can't I just take that off and put my real one on? It says on CZ website that I would have to make it an SBR and I thought the barrel was long enough already.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The fake suppressor is pinned and welded which gives it a 16+ inch barrel. If you remove the fake suppressor, it becomes a short barrel rifle.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Well then, that answers that. Would it be easier just to buy the pistol and add the folding stock vs trying to unpin the other? I do not really care about overall length.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    If you want to make a SBR, I think it would be easier to buy the pistol. The stock bolts on. If you buy the rifle, you would have to pay a gunsmith to remove the pinned fake suppressor or cut the barrel and rethread, or do it yourself.

Alternatively, buy a pistol, put a SBTEVO Brace on, and you don’t have to wait for a form 1 to be approved or get ATF permission to travel with your firearm.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbtevo/

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The fake suppressor is pinned and welded which gives it a 16+ inch barrel. If you remove the fake suppressor, it becomes a short barrel rifle.

No it isn’t. It’s only a shroud. The barrel continues through the length of the “can”. Exact same barrel as the carbine. They use some serious loctite, but with a strap wrench and some heat (couple mag dumps will suffice) they come right off.

QFzHBuwl.jpg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No it isn’t. It’s only a shroud. The barrel continues through the length of the “can”. Exact same barrel as the carbine. They use some serious loctite, but with a strap wrench and some heat (couple mag dumps will suffice) they come right off.

QFzHBuwl.jpg

This.
    Chez and I have the same Scorpion (I think), the carbine.
    The suppressor is a shroud OVER the barrel. So, the barrel goes all the way to the far END of the fake suppressor, and threads on there.

Mine didn't become a SBR, till AllenM shortened it. (yes, I did the ATF thing).

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The faux suppressor is not pinned and welded but it does have a little loctite on it. I have removed mine several times. The barrel is actually 16 inches under the Faux suppressor

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    So I have a Griffin Armerment Rev 9 can and well I freaking hate it on my pistol. Not sure if its the threaded barrel or just the way the can is on any handgun. I can maybe shoot about 3-5 9mm rounds and then need to tighten the can because it is walking off the end of the gun. I also hate the blow back that is hitting me in the face. I was just going to trade or sell the can but it seems like a hassle and since its under the old trust, I just assume keep it. Bad news, now I need another host that will be better. I was just going to go cheap and get the new Ruger but I might be leaning toward the CZ now. My question is I am looking at the one with the fake suppressor, can't I just take that off and put my real one on? It says on CZ website that I would have to make it an SBR and I thought the barrel was long enough already.

I wonder if you can get a 45 end cap for it, would help with the blow back.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    When you Form 1 the scorpion just get a pistol barrel so you don’t need to cut one. As long as the suppressor isn’t too wide it’ll fit

Top Bottom