• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My AAC Tirant 9mm can blew out of my suppressed AR9 SBR, sending the tube assembly flying while the piston remained on the barrel. I sent it into AAC and in less than a week, they repaired or replaced parts and shipped it back. I can’t tell, but may be a new end cap and brand new piston. They cleaned it up so well, I can’t even tell what’s new and what’s clean and repaired! To boot, they didn’t question why I wet tumbled the tube and it looked like it had been through hell (to remove grill paint), they just refinished the entire can at no charge on top of the rest. Great customer service and all in about one week turn around. +1 AAC

Attachments

• BF94FD47-10A5-4FE5-92A5-448E58FC435C.jpg
      BF94FD47-10A5-4FE5-92A5-448E58FC435C.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 14

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Great to hear it was no questions asked deal and they own their lifetime warranty!
    ever find out why the TiRant became a SiCo can and launched?

Nope, no notes were included, but I’m 99% sure if had to do with the end cap threads. That’s the only way it would have launched while leaving the piston and end cap on the barrel. No baffled strikes. Shot it today and zero issues.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Good info, customer service is very important. I'm looking for my first .22 suppressor. I think I have it narrowed to the AAC Element 2 and the Ruger Silent-SR.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Good to know. Makes me wanna shoot mine even more this weekend.
    People don’t realize how huge CS is. I will never buy another gemtech after them taking months to repair. The new CEO contacted me personally to apologize for their problems and refusal to fix and send back, but a bit too late (few years back). Good on him, but not on his company before he took over.

i would buy another AAC after this great experience.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    So did you deal with people directly at AAC, or with Remington? I've got an AAC upper that experienced a failure, and ended up sending it to Remington since they acquired AAC several years ago. Ended up being a terrible experience, and I've vowed never to support Remington again. I'm sure AAC was a great company before being swallowed up by the Remington Corporation, and I'm glad you had a positive experience. Maybe the folks at AAC still handle the suppressor side of business.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So did you deal with people directly at AAC, or with Remington? I've got an AAC upper that experienced a failure, and ended up sending it to Remington since they acquired AAC several years ago. Ended up being a terrible experience, and I've vowed never to support Remington again. I'm sure AAC was a great company before being swallowed up by the Remington Corporation, and I'm glad you had a positive experience. Maybe the folks at AAC still handle the suppressor side of business.

I did not realize remington was involved with AAC during the entire process, so they must handle the suppressor side of things still.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I did not realize remington was involved with AAC during the entire process, so they must handle the suppressor side of things still.

They've owned them for a number of years now, unfortunately. Least overall, seems like they haven't messed AAC up like they do most things, hell after the move AAC had the prices went down quite a bit

When did you happen to have the issue? When AAC was in Georgia or Alabama?

Just kinda curious

Warranty for Remington they outsource to the nearest person they can so they don't have to touch it, but for NFA stuff it has to go to the manuf. so curious if you got them in a bad time

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    When did you happen to have the issue? When AAC was in Georgia or Alabama?

My debacle went down about a year ago, Oct-Nov ish. I sent the upper to an Alabama address. My main contact was one of their attorneys, who I believe was also in Alabama. I have no ill will towards AAC, but Remington will never get another cent from me.

Top Bottom